Channel Development & Sales Steering Placement (BMW UK, Financial Services) Farnborough July 2024
We believe in creating an environment where you, our placement student, can learn and develop during your time with us and where you are given your own areas of responsibility from the start. Our experts and mentors will treat you as part of the team from day one, encouraging you to bring your own ideas to the table and giving you the opportunity to show what you can really do.
Our Summit ONE in Farnborough is home to the National Sales Company for the BMW Group in the UK, as well as BMW Group Financial Services which offers retailers, corporate, and private customers a range of customised financial services. Alphabet (GB) Ltd. as a leading provider of Business Mobility Services is also located in Farnborough. We decided in November 2020 to bring together BMW Financial Services and Alphabet to stay relevant to our customers and continue to succeed in a rapidly changing business environment.
Within our self-contained campus, we offer a modern way of working with an empowering office culture, some aspects of which include:
- Our work persona shift – being yourself is effortless and so increases efficiency. For this reason, we allow our employees to express themselves through the way they dress.
- Flexible working hours - working flexibly improves mental perspective and increases sustained productivity. This means our leaders maintain balance, not burnout, through focusing on output, not attendance.
- The opportunity to get involved with our continued support of our house charity with a variety of fundraising events throughout the year.
- Throughout our offices, there are open creative spaces which hold facilities such as table-tennis tables to encourage innovation and employee engagement.
Channel Development & Sales Steering
Everything starts with passion at the BMW Group. It turns a profession into a vocation. It drives us to keep reinventing mobility and to bring innovative ideas onto the roads. Enthusiasm for joint projects turns a team into a strong unit where every opinion is valued. It is only when expertise, highly professional processes and enjoyment of work are united that we can shape the future together. Whatever your heart’s desire – in the BMW Group, you will find a wide range of departments and disciplines across the world where you can share your professional passion with us.
ALPHERA is the multi-make arm of BMW Group Financial Services and plays a critical role in the delivery of the BMW Group profitability objectives and customer acquisition strategy. Operating within the ALPHERA Brand as part of our Premium Captives Sales Channel includes Rolls-Royce Motor Cars Financial Services and Aston Martin Financial Services.
The ALPHERA Sales Steering, Pricing & Channel Development function is critical in the support & delivery on a number of key objectives from providing expertise, analytics and insight to develop, enable and enhance sales performance, as well as the Pricing of new business, in line with BMW Group profitability objectives (including detailed analysis and modelling), balancing volume (revenues) with margin, all while also focusing on long-term sustainable growth through our channel development function, including new sales channels and digitalisation.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a highly motivated, robust and practical individual to join our team on a 13 month student placement.
What will you be doing?
- Identifying and implementing improved business processes in-line with the Sales Steering objectives to streamline business efficiencies / service levels and maximise sales volumes.
- Supporting key strategic projects & initiatives critical to the long-term strategy for ALPHERA Financial Services and its contribution to the BMW Group, including the development of new products & services that create new revenue streams or enhance existing revenue streams.
- Create innovative strategies to address to business challenges, thinking outside of the box where no obvious solution can be identified.
- Provide first line support as required to the ALPHERA Regional Sales Teams and Retailer Partners.
- To help facilitate the broad sale of ALPHERA Products, identifying the Retailer Partners needs and requirements whilst adhering to the Financial Conduct Authority principles and compliant sales process.
- Bolster the Sales Steering team in resolving escalated ALPHERA Retailer Partner issues, acting as a conduit / business partner to key departments.
- Build relationship of trust with internal stakeholders to ensure optimum results / decision for overall business and ALPHERA.
- Deliver solutions to challenges that allow the growth of ALPHERA to be managed by the wider business without causing business strain and inefficiency.
- Support. complement and strengthen the ALPHERA Brand
- Additional tasks and responsibilities to support the ALPHERA Team as identified by the ALPHERA Management Team from time-to-time.
- Studying towards an undergraduate degree and on track to achieve a 2:2 or above.
- Relevant work experience to demonstrate your competencies would be beneficial.
- A source of innovation and creativity for our business as well as a resource that will challenge our norms. Our goal is to nurture a future leader for the BMW Group.
- Confident user of Microsoft Office products such as Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to use your initiative and manage your own projects/workload autonomously.
- Highly self-motivated individual with a can-do attitude.
Why choose us?
- Great Pay - A competitive annual salary of £21,600, 27 days holiday (pro rata to your contract), and an attractive pension scheme.
- Rewarding Work-Life Balance - Contracted working hours are 37.5 hours a week Monday to Friday, helping you develop a fulfilling work-life balance.
- Exciting Additional Benefits - You will have the opportunity to enjoy other employee benefits including access to our Advantages scheme, giving you access to a range of offers and discounts, and a subsidised on-site restaurant.
What are we responsible for?
- Supporting you in your training and ensuring you settle into your role and feel welcomed.
- Working sustainably and ethically.
- Providing you with the opportunity to bring your own ideas and develop yourself.
- Ensuring you are happy with your work-life balance and feel as though your contribution to the business is being valued.
- Encouraging you to develop your soft skills such as creating working relationships, communicating effectively, delivering presentations, and gaining confidence in your own ability, supporting you in both your return to university and your future career.
What do you need to do now?
If this sounds like the opportunity for you then apply today using the link below.
The next stages of the recruiting process could include; online testing, a one-way video interview, and then a face to face, telephone, or virtual interview with the hiring manager.
We operate rolling recruitment. This means we may close the application window earlier than identified if sufficient applications are received, so please apply early to avoid disappointment.
Please ensure that you complete all of the free text questions for your application to be progressed. Please also include a role relevant cover letter, explaining why we should consider you for this position.
To be eligible for this position, you must be returning to your studies for a minimum of 6 months after completion of this placement and be able to provide proof of your legal right to work in the UK if you are not a UK passport holder.
We are committed to promoting equal opportunities in employment and job applicants will receive equal treatment regardless of gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex, or sexual orientation.
Any further questions? Email us on FutureTalentRecruitment@bmwgroup.com