Electrical Process Planning Specialist Graduate Programme (Rolls-Royce Motor Cars) Goodwood September 2024
Full of ideas?
Make them a reality.
Everything starts with passion at Rolls-Royce Motor Cars. It turns a profession into a vocation. It drives us to keep reinventing mobility and to bring innovative ideas onto the roads. Our teams work as a strong unit where every opinion is valued. We have set future-focused goals within a practical and long-term framework —all with the intention to enact positive change and continue our pursuit of proactive responsibility. Plus, we pride ourselves on providing a friendly, supportive environment and management style, having some great benefits for our employees (including a car scheme), career development, progression and work-life balance.
We’re committed to providing an environment where you can be yourself and be your best. This includes welcoming you into an inclusive culture, investing in your continuous learning and development, giving you access to breadth and depth of experience. We want to provide you with challenging and rewarding opportunities to make a difference, offering flexible working options and giving ample reward and recognition.
Electrical Process Planning Specialist
The Electrical and Electronic Planning team is responsible for the complete process and systems for commissioning and quality testing vehicles throughout production, including big rigs (e.g. wheel/radar alignment and rolling road). We ensure vehicles are built to the correct specification, are functioning correctly and are fully prepared for the end customer. This involves maintaining, developing and integrating new testing methods for all products which we validate hands on with a fleet of development vehicles.
Analysing data allows the team to monitor and improve the testing process and is a key step in developing innovative solutions to problems.
What will you be doing?
- As a graduate in the Electrical and Electronic Process Planning team you will be expected to:
- Learn the Powertrain/Chassis/Electrical technical content of the complete R-RMC product range present and future.
- Become an expert user of the various electrical test systems in use within Rolls-Royce Motor Cars.
- Understand the core deliverables and performance indicators of the department which is to provide a perfect product that is manufacturable and exceeds the customers' expectations
- Embrace working in an established high performance engineering team.
- Involvement in future projects including AI.
- Opportunity to complete placements in other areas of the business.
- Applicant must have completed a Bachelor's or Master’s Degree in Mechanical, Electrical or Automotive Engineering to a 2:2 standard or higher. Other relevant scientific disciplines will be considered.
- Sufficient relevant practical experience (e. g. internship, training, initial professional experience).
- General automotive product and manufacturing knowledge.
- Excellent language skills in English - language skills in German are an advantage.
- Self-motivated with ability to manage time efficiently, work well under pressure in a team or independently and communicate confidently.
What do we offer?
- Competitive starting salary of £32,500 per annum which increases to £34,000 in your second year (subject to satisfactory performance).
- Bonus payment potentials based on personal performance and company performance.
- 27 days annual leave per annum plus UK Bank Holidays.
- Structured annual appraisal and on-going feedback on development/progression.
- Car scheme which offers associates the opportunity to lease a BMW or MINI at a competitive rate.
- Personal Pension Plan with excellent employer contributions and life assurance.
- Employee discount scheme, savings, cash-back and gift vouchers.
- Blended working, allowing you to work flexibly.
- Rolls-Royce wedding car, available for you and your immediate family.
- Subsidised restaurant and café on-site.
- On-site Occupational Health service including counselling and physiotherapy.
What do you need to do now?
If this sounds like the opportunity for you then apply today using the link below.
The next stages of the recruiting process will include: online testing, video interview and then an assessment centre during w/c 8th January 2024.
Please ensure that you complete all of the free text questions for your application to be progressed, and include a role relevant cover letter, explaining why we should consider you for this position.
To be eligible for this position you need to have achieved a 2:2 grade or above in your bachelor’s or a Pass in your master’s and be able to provide proof of your legal right to work in the UK, if you are not a UK passport holder.
We are committed to promoting equal opportunities in employment and job applicants will receive equal treatment regardless of gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation.
Any further questions? Email us on FutureTalentRecruitment@bmwgroup.com