At the BMW Group, the future is reinvented every day. With specialists who are sure-footed enough to confidently go beyond the beaten path. In flexible teams, where intellect and intuition combine to create solutions that have never before been imagined. We want to enter the future even stronger, so our team in Oxford is currently seeking an Engineering Graduate from either an electrical or mechanical background.
What awaits you?
As a graduate in the Product and Process planning team you will be responsible for the planning, implementation and delivery of processes and equipment for the vehicle electrical/electronic (EE) systems within the BMW Group.
In partnership with both internal and external product developers you will be part of a team that creates and manages the E/E test-plan. Your communication skills will be utilised as you provide specialist technical support and training to Plant Oxford users of the production test software applications. You will participant in Engineering Module Meetings where your actions will help to influence product design and where you will identify and communicate production-related issues within the EE Planning network.
You will be a member of the specialist knowledge teams for the development of the latest technological innovations and production processes and definition of Best Practices. You will also liaise with a number of stakeholders in order to plan and implement changes within the EE processes and systems.
Qualifications and Experience
- Electrical or Mechanical Engineering degree at a 2:1 grade (or equivalent) or above
- Advanced problem solving skills
- Good project management skills
- Strong presentation and negotiating skills
- Ability to lead a multi-functional project team
- Advanced office IT skills
Why choose us?
- Great Pay – A competitive annual salary of £31,000, 26 days holiday and a pension scheme (pro rata to your contract) as well as a subsided on-site gym and restaurant.
- Rewarding Work-Life Balance – contracted working hours are 37 hours a week, with a half-day on a Friday. Weekly social events also help you to develop a fulfilling work-life balance.
- Exciting Additional Benefits - The opportunity to have access to drive new vehicles at weekends through our test car scheme. Throughout your Graduate Scheme you will be supported by our experts and many fellow Graduates.
Did you know?
MINI Plant Oxford is the heart of the MINI Manufacturing network and a state of the art automotive production technology centre. We’re proud of our achievements, some of which include:
- Building over 1000 cars per day, including the MINI Electric.
- Over 11,500 solar panels spread across an area of 20,000 square meters to supply the facility with renewable energy.
- The opportunity to get involved with our continued support of our house charity, with a variety of fundraising events throughout the year.
What do you need to do now?
If this sounds like the opportunity for you then apply today using the link below.
The next stages of the recruiting process, could include; online testing, video interview and then a face to face, or telephone interview with the hiring manager. This may be in the form of an assessment centre.