HR Planning & Steering Placement (MINI Plant) Oxford July 2024
We believe in creating an environment where our placement students really can learn and develop during their time with us and where they are given their own areas of responsibilities from the start. Our experts and mentors will treat you as part of the team from day one, encouraging you to bring your own ideas to the table and giving you the opportunity to really show what you can do.
Plant Oxford is the birthplace and heart of MINI production. Manufactured to individual customer specifications, hundreds of MINIs leave the plant’s assembly lines each day, off to meet new owners in more than 110 countries around the world. Three UK plants have a part to play in MINI production – Plant Hams Hall makes engines, Plant Swindon produces body pressings and sub-assemblies for MINI, and all this comes together at Plant Oxford with body shell production, paint and final assembly.
HR Planning and Steering
This department is the Strategic Support & Steering Human Resources including Employee Relations for Plants Oxford, Swindon and Hams Hall
What will you be doing?
- Supporting the Planning and Steering team in delivery of targets and enabler projects.
- Supporting the department with team workshops and events.
- Facilitation and organisation of team meetings.
- Supporting the Planning and Steering team with the digitalisation of reporting.
- Main responsibilities include reporting and data analysis for topics such as; - Gender Pay Gap Reporting, Age Analysis in the Production Triangle, reports to support the Bonus processes, coordinating the management conference list with up to date SAP HR data, running the weekly starters and leavers list and running the reports for the HR Dashboard.
- On track to achieving a 2:2 Degree or above in HR or related subjects e.g. international business studies
- Self-starter with strong work ethic
- Must be resilience with highly developed interpersonal skills
- Highly developed IT Skills – html, excel, business intelligence systems/database skills alongside degree level standard of general office skills
Why choose us?
- Great Pay – A competitive annual salary of £21,600, 26 days holiday per annum (pro rata to your contract) and an attractive pension scheme.
- Rewarding Work-Life Balance – Contracted working hours are 37 hours a week, with a half day on a Friday, helping you develop a fulfilling work-life balance.
- Exciting Additional Benefits – You will have the opportunity to enjoy other employee benefits, including access to our Advantages scheme which gives you a range of offers and discounts, an on-site gym and a subsidised on-site restaurant.
What are we responsible for?
- Supporting you in your training and ensuring you settle into your role and feel welcomed.
- Working sustainably and ethically.
- Providing you with the opportunity to bring your own ideas and develop yourself.
- Ensuring you are happy with your work-life balance and feel as though your contribution to the business is being valued.
- Encouraging you to develop your soft skills such as creating working relationships, communicating effectively, delivering presentations and gaining confidence in your own ability, supporting you in both your return to university and your future career.
What do you need to do now?
If this sounds like the opportunity for you then apply today using the link below.
The next stages of the recruiting process could include: online testing, video interview and then a face to face, telephone or virtual interview with the hiring manager. This may be in the form of an assessment centre.
We operate rolling recruitment, this means we may close the application window earlier than identified, if sufficient applications are received, so please apply early to avoid disappointment.
Please ensure that you complete all of the free text questions for your application to be progressed, and include a role relevant cover letter, explaining why we should consider you for this position.
To be eligible for this position, you must be returning to your studies, for a minimum of 6 months, after completion of this placement, and be able to provide proof of your legal right to work in the UK, if you are not a UK passport holder.
We are committed to promoting equal opportunities in employment and job applicants will receive equal treatment regardless of gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation.
Any further questions? Email us on FurtureTalentRecreuitment@bmwgroup.com