IT Business Integration Management Placement (Rolls-Royce Motor Cars) Goodwood July 2024
We believe in creating an environment where our placement students really can learn by doing during their time with us and where they are given their areas of responsibility from the start. That’s why our experts treat you as part of the team from day one, encourage you to bring your ideas to the table – and allow you to show what you can do.
Rolls-Royce Motor Cars are part of the BMW Group and its Goodwood manufacturing plant sits in the heart of the West Sussex countryside.
As the epitome of exclusive super luxury, Rolls-Royce delivers unmatched quality, style and performance. Behind the legendary brand is a team of passionate and highly talented people who do their utmost to satisfy the wishes of clients who commission a Rolls-Royce. Each year we offer internship opportunities and are keen to hear from you if you are currently studying for an undergraduate degree and looking to complete a 13-month placement.
The maxim of Sir Henry Royce, ‘take the best that exists and make it better, permeates in everything we do at Rolls-Royce. As a student, you will have hands-on experience from day one, gaining practical insights into the corporate operations of a world-class automotive manufacturer
IT Applications and Business Integration Management
As a student in our team, you will have practical involvement in several integration activities and Agile projects from day one whilst gaining a good insight into how international corporate business functions. You’ll be working closely with our business colleagues ensuring that they receive a high level of support.
What will you be doing?
- You will be involved in supporting a wide range of Integration activities and IT Application processes.
- Tasks to be undertaken will include incident management, problem management, change management, request management, reporting, business impact analysis, and intranet maintenance.
- Administrating authorisation requests for our global SAP user base.
- Cost centre order raising and approvals for the local IT team.
- These tasks are based on the standard ITIL model and agile methodology. This included the utilisation of the following software packages: ITSM Suite, MS Office, MS Power BI, JIRA, Confluence and SAP.
- As part of the placement, you will learn about Agile methodology and deal with requirements management on a day-to-day basis within a global organisation.
- Studying towards an IT-related degree, on track to achieve a 2:1.
- Good team working skills.
- Effective communication.
- Excellent planning and organising skills.
- Good problem-solving skills.
- Flexibility and self-motivation.
- Basic knowledge of SAP is preferable, but not essential.
- Basic knowledge of ITIL is preferable, but not essential.
- Basic knowledge of Agile methodology is preferable, but not essential.
Why choose us?
- Great Pay - A competitive annual salary of £23,100, 26 days holiday per annum (pro rata to your contract), and an attractive pension scheme.
- Rewarding Work-Life Balance - Contracted working hours are 40 hours a week with blended home working opportunities, helping you develop a fulfilling work-life balance.
- Exciting Additional Benefits - You will have the opportunity to enjoy other employee benefits including access to our Advantages scheme, giving you access to a range of offers and discounts and a subsidised on-site restaurant.
What are we responsible for?
- Supporting you in your training and ensuring you settle into your role and feel welcomed.
- Working sustainably and ethically.
- Providing you with the opportunity to bring your own ideas and develop yourself.
- Ensuring you are happy with your work-life balance and feel as though your contribution to the business is being valued.
- Encouraging you to develop your soft skills such as creating working relationships, communicating effectively, delivering presentations, and gaining confidence in your own ability, supporting you in both your return to university and your future career.
What do you need to do now?
If this sounds like the opportunity for you then apply today using the link below.
The next stages of the recruiting process could include; online testing, a one-way video interview, and then a face to face, telephone, or virtual interview with the hiring manager.
We operate rolling recruitment. This means we may close the application window earlier than identified if sufficient applications are received, so please apply early to avoid disappointment.
Please ensure that you complete all of the free text questions for your application to be progressed. Please also include a role relevant cover letter, explaining why we should consider you for this position.
To be eligible for this position, you must be returning to your studies for a minimum of 6 months after completion of this placement and be able to provide proof of your legal right to work in the UK if you are not a UK passport holder.
We are committed to promoting equal opportunities in employment and job applicants will receive equal treatment regardless of gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex, or sexual orientation.
Any further questions? Email us on FutureTalentRecruitment@bmwgroup.com