Quality Management System Auditor Graduate Programme (MINI Plant) Oxford September 2024
We believe in creating an environment where our placement student really can learn by doing during their time with us and where they are given their own areas of responsibilities from the start. That’s why our experts treat you as part of the team from day one, encourage you to bring your own ideas to the table – and give you the opportunity to really show what you can do.
Plant Oxford is the birthplace and heart of MINI production. Manufactured to individual customer specifications, hundreds of MINIs leave the plant’s assembly lines each day, off to meet new owners in more than 110 countries around the world. Three UK plants have had a part to play in MINI production – Plant Hams Hall makes engines, Plant Swindon produces body pressings and sub-assemblies for MINI, and all this comes together at Plant Oxford with body shell production, paint and final assembly.
Quality Management System Auditor
We are seeking a graduate to join our QMS (Quality Management System) department at Plant Oxford commencing September 2024.
If you have an inquisitive mind, a passion for Quality and a love of cars and a thirst for knowledge about premium quality car production, then this could be the opportunity for you.
The Quality Management System department supports Plant Oxford & Swindon production sites within the BMW Group and is part of a worldwide network.
What will you be doing?
- Development towards ISO 9001:2015 Process Auditor in the team.
- Support the maintenance and improvement of the Quality Management System.
- Strengthen Quality mindset & understanding through communication & training.
- Quality data analytics, creating knowledge out of product & process data.
- Support Conformity of Production & Test Equipment Management.
- Ensure production processes all adhere to BMW Group policies, requirements, procedures and guidelines.
- Have achieved a minimum of a 2:2 in your Bachelor degree or a pass in your Master studies - preferably in Engineering or Business orientated subject.
- Ethical, open minded and diplomatic.
- Observant & perceptive in situations & surroundings.
- Excellent communication & collaboration skills.
- Structured, organised & decisive.
- Goal & solution orientated.
- Prioritisation skills.
- Good analytical skills.
- Process orientated.
- Preferably have a full driving licence as there will be the chance to make use of the excellent existing network within the UK (Oxford, Swindon, Hams Hall and Rolls-Royce Motor Cars at Goodwood) with visits and support the wider BMW Network Global Plants.
Why choose us?
- Great Pay – A competitive annual salary of £32,500, 26 days holiday (pro rata to your contract) and an attractive pension scheme.
- Rewarding Work-Life Balance – Contracted working hours are 37 hours a week, with a half day on a Friday, helping you develop a fulfilling work-life balance.
- Exciting Additional Benefits - Throughout your graduate scheme you will be supported by our experts and many fellow students and have the opportunity to enjoy other employee benefits, including access to our Advantages scheme which gives you a range of offers and discounts, an on-site gym and a subsidised on-site restaurant. You will also have the opportunity to purchase or lease a BMW or MINI vehicle of your choice at a very special and reduced rate as part of your benefits package.
- Development Potential – In the UK, we invest around £3 million per year in vocational and professional training for our employees. This means we invest in you, giving you the relevant BMW specific training that you will require to be an active member of our team.
- Networking Opportunities – With around 8,000 employees and all three of the BMW Groups brands being represented in the UK, there are an abundance of networking opportunities allowing you to create meaningful working relationships.
What do you need to do now?
If this sounds like the opportunity for you then apply today using the link below.
The next stages of the recruiting process could include: online testing, video interview and then a face to face, telephone or virtual interview with the hiring manager. This may be in the form of an assessment centre.
We operate rolling recruitment, this means we may close the application window earlier than identified, if sufficient applications are received, so please apply early to avoid disappointment.
Please ensure that you complete all of the free text questions for your application to be progressed, and include a role relevant cover letter, explaining why we should consider you for this position.
To be eligible for this position you need to have achieved a 2:2 grade or above in your Bachelors or a Pass in your Masters and be able to provide proof of your legal right to work in the UK, if you are not a UK passport holder.
We are committed to promoting equal opportunities in employment and job applicants will receive equal treatment regardless of gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation.
Any further questions? Email us on FutureTalentRecruitment@bmwgroup.com