RAM Junior Test Automation Engineer 2021
It takes a team with exceptional interpersonal skills and a can-do attitude to deliver great customer service. People who are always prepared to go the extra mile to find solutions that satisfy the needs of our customers and business. People who want to place themselves optimally to develop their capabilities. So if you enjoy a culture of open exchange and mutual trust, and you’d like to take on a fast-paced role within a highly motivated team, join us in driving the future of personalised financial services.
RAM Junior Test Automation Engineer
The role encompasses supporting the implementation of test automation across the Retail Application Management (RAM) IT application landscape and requires working with a diverse range of stakeholders from review of product requirements, complete or support the design and implementation of automated tests using a range of approved tools.
- Support the development and apply learnt knowledge in test automation to make a significant contribution to the modernization of the IT landscape through:
- Design and build test scenarios using requirements and acceptance criteria.
- Create and maintain automated tests using BMW Group toolset.
- Record detailed test results and collaborate with agile team members as solutions are developed.
- Learn to develop a knowledge of tools and apply this to ensure high levels of test automation can be achieved to enable fast and agile delivery of IT changes. Knowledge must be efficiently gained through exploitation of local experts, Centers of Expertise within the BMW Group and the wider industry.
- Share learnt knowledge and skills to wider teams within FG-EU-3-UK, SF1-UK business and IT stakeholders in EMEA in line with One EMEA Strategy.
- Maintain high work standards to ensure test automation services meet business needs and can be supported and maintained efficiently and effectively to ensure continued usage.
Qualifications and Experience
- Degree or equivalent.
- Ability to rapidly gain and apply knowledge of test automation tools and frameworks required for the role.
- Ability to be flexible and react to changing demands. Also show initiative and identify opportunities where Test Automation can assist.
- Appreciation, understanding and a willingness to learn test automation, test-driven development, testing frameworks.
- Awareness of Agile and the DevOps model with appreciation for Continuous Integration & Source control.
- Interested in testing frameworks and tools such as Selenium, Cucumber, REST Assured.
- Some experience / interest in Test automation of RESTFul Services (Inc. Swagger), SOAP Services, web user interfaces.
At BMW Group, we are open to requests for alternative working patterns. For most roles, the following could be possible: flexible hours, job shares, compressed hours or part-time working.