Risk Controlling Analyst Graduate Scheme 2021
Alphabet is Europe’s leading provider of Business Mobility services. Helping organisations to meet their changing business travel requirements and enabling their employees to keep moving efficiently and effectively.
Innovative mobility products, like the Corporate CarSharing solution AlphaCity, are changing the way UK businesses finance, manage and use company cars. Another pioneering service, AlphaElectric, enables organisations and employees to switch on to the benefits of low and zero emission vehicles.
Alphabet’s portfolio of Mobility services comprises a comprehensive suite of vehicle funding solutions and fleet management including: strategic consultancy, corporate and employee car schemes, commercial vehicles, risk management, vehicle rental, accident management, fleet management and maintenance.
Supporting brands such as Panasonic, Lyreco, Grundfos Pumps and McDonald’s Restaurants, Alphabet manages a fleet of over 138,000 vehicles in the UK and more than 700,000 vehicles across 30 countries worldwide.
About the Role
Responsibility to regularly monitor, evaluate and make recommendations on the risk profile of AL-UK, scrutinising against the strategic goals and provide reporting internally to the Risk Controller and Head of Controlling. Responsibility for the risk planning process. Ensure that risk assumptions provided by Risk Management are analysed, challenged and correctly included within the overall planning processes. The role will be for 22 months.
The key authorities held by this role are
- Provides analysis and monitoring for performance improvements in case of deviations from budget, highlighting key risk to the Risk Controller and Head of controlling.
The key tasks delivered by this role are
- Assist with Financial long (LUP/budget) and short term (budget/ forecast/ actual) planning, steering and reporting for both Residual Value and Credit Risk.
- Implements centrally defined controlling processes and further development of methods and standards.
- Monitors and back-tests VAR limits, making sure they are utilised, but not exceeded, to maximise MMI.
- Calculation of monthly credit and residual value risk provisions, based on assumptions agreed with Risk Management.
- Responsibility for all areas of risk reporting to Munich, including review and validation of risk positions within month end IRIS reporting.
- Strong academic background. A and B grades at A level and GCSE or equivalent.
- Professional Accounting Qualification, ACMA, ACCA or ACA desirable
- University degree desirable preferably in numerate discipline.
- Qualified Accountant with commercial experience in dynamic organisation (ideally Financial Services or similar business).
- Experience of Planning.
- Advanced Excel skills (some knowledge of Qliksense/SAS desirable).
- Good command of English with good general communication skills
In 2020 Alphabet was recognised as a Top Employer for the seventh consecutive year. We invest in our employees and embrace a culture of flexible working as well as promoting a positive, supportive culture and working environment We are based in prestigious offices in Farnborough that provide a great place to work with good people and an exciting, engaging, industry leading brand.
At BMW Group, we are open to requests for alternative working patterns. For most roles, the following could be possible: flexible hours, job shares, compressed hours or part-time working.