World-leading technologies don’t make it onto a BMW until they’ve undergone one of the most challenging journeys you can imagine. It takes dynamic teams with outstanding technical skills to drive them from the drawing board to the road. That’s why our experts treat you as part of the team from day one, encourage you to bring your own ideas to the table – and give you the opportunity to really show what you can do.
Powertrain, chassis and electronics validation
The Powertrain, Chassis and Electronics Validation team is at the heart of all functional systems in every model of Rolls-Royce motor car, ensuring that they meet standards befitting of the brand and its patrons.
What awaits you?
- Learn the Powertrain/Chassis/Electrical technical content of the complete RRMC product range present and future.
- Understand the core deliverables and performance indicators of the department which is to provide a perfect product that is manufacturable and exceeds the customers' expectations
- Embrace working in an established high performance engineering team
Qualifications and experience
Applicant must have completed a Bachelor's or Master's Degree in Mechanical, Electrical or Automotive Engineering to a 2:1 standard or higher. Other relevant scientific disciplines will be considered.
- 6 months of relevant practical experience (e.g. internship, training, initial professional experience).
- General automotive product and manufacturing knowledge.
- Excellent language skills in English - language skills in German are an advantage.
- Self-motivated with ability to manage time efficiently, work well under pressure in a team or independently and communicate confidently.
- Great Pay – A competitive starting annual salary of £31,000, 26 days holiday and a pension scheme as well as a subsided on-site gym and restaurant.
- Rewarding Work-Life Balance – contracted working hours are 40 hours a week. Monthly dinner and drinks events and weekly coffee catch ups also help you to develop a fulfilling work-life balance.
- Throughout your graduate scheme you will be supported by our experts and many fellow graduates, including an individually assigned mentor.
- Exciting Additional Benefits - The option to purchase or lease a BMW or MINI vehicle of your choice at a very special and reduced rate as part of your benefits package. You will also have access to drive and test new vehicles at weekends through our test car scheme.
Rolls-Royce is the world’s leading luxury house. With British heritage dating back to 1904, the company is a wholly owned subsidiary of BMW Group and has operated from its Goodwood location since 2003.
We’re proud of our achievements, some of which include:
- Every Rolls-Royce motor car is hand-built to customer order at the Home of Rolls-Royce at Goodwood
- The Rolls-Royce manufacturing plant is located in an area of outstanding natural beauty, less than a kilometer from the edge of the South Downs National Park. The plant was designed with strong environmental credentials, including the largest living roof in the UK.
- Significant philanthropic activities, such as raising in excess of £1.7 million in support of allergy research at Evelina London Children’s Hospital at a ‘Dine on the Line’ event in September 2019.
What do you need to do now?
If this sounds like the opportunity for you then apply today using the link below.
The next stages of the recruiting process, could include; online testing, video interview and then a face to face, or telephone interview with the hiring manager. This may be in the form of an assessment centre.