Vehicle Body Quality Graduate Programme (Rolls-Royce Motor Cars) Goodwood September 2024
Full of ideas?
Make them a reality.
Everything starts with passion at Rolls-Royce Motor Cars. It turns a profession into a vocation. It drives us to keep reinventing mobility and to bring innovative ideas onto the roads. Our teams work as a strong unit where every opinion is valued. We have set future-focused goals within a practical and long-term framework —all with the intention to enact positive change and continue our pursuit of proactive responsibility. Plus, we pride ourselves on providing a friendly, supportive environment and management style, having some great benefits for our employees (including a car scheme), career development, progression and work-life balance.
We’re committed to providing an environment where you can be yourself and be your best. This includes welcoming you into an inclusive culture, investing in your continuous learning and development, giving you access to breadth and depth of experience. We want to provide you with challenging and rewarding opportunities to make a difference, offering flexible working options and giving ample reward and recognition.
Quality Specialist – Vehicle Body
As a Quality Specialist in the team, you will play a crucial role in ensuring the smooth running of our production processes. Your primary responsibilities will include monitoring, reporting, analysing, and communicating any faults, damages, and rework concerns within plant Goodwood. You will actively contribute to continuous improvement efforts within the department and on a personal level.
What will you be doing?
- Develop proactive and reactive methods for quality assurance to optimise daily launch output.
- Foster effective communication within plant Goodwood and with process partners in the wider BMW Group
- Provide regular quality reporting and focus on key performance indicators (KPIs) such as functional and cosmetic quality measures, departmental targets and operational targets.
- Make informed decisions regarding the repairability of a car body
- Monitor faults, damages and necessary rework in conjunction with Engineering team.
- Continuously track and improve product quality.
- Support pre-series dry-build/Black Body events at the Plant
- Assist in steering pre-series rework and quality landscape, specifically related to outer surface, geometrical topics, and SMC landscape.
- Collaborate with Simultaneous Engineering and module teams, as well as lead quality improvement teams.
- Document, communicate, and escalate all build-related problems.
- Conduct fault analysis based on internal/external feedback, defining and executing appropriate containments in alignment with the engineering department.
- Document and process complaints management using quality IT systems
- Provide manufacturing support to engineering departments and project teams.
- Have achieved a minimum of a 2:2 in your bachelor’s degree or a pass in your Master studies - preferably in Mechanical Engineering or comparable qualification (e.g., production manager with supplementary training).
- Knowledge of quality methods, standards, and product specifications.
- Proficiency in CAD software (CATIA, VISVIEW) for design and analysis.
- Experience in project management, handling complex tasks, and meeting deadlines.
- Strong analytical and communication skills
- Proficiency in IT and computer skills, including PC applications (e.g., MS Office)
- Ability to work effectively in cross-functional and multicultural teams.
- Excellent verbal communication, presentation, and detailed report writing skills.
- Ability to read and interpret engineering drawings.
- Good understanding of geometrical measurement reports.
- Proficient in English.
- Proficiency in German is preferred but not mandatory.
What do we offer?
- Competitive starting salary of £32,500 per annum which increases to £34,000 in your second year (subject to satisfactory performance).
- Bonus payment potentials based on personal performance and company performance.
- 27 days annual leave per annum plus UK Bank Holidays.
- Structured annual appraisal and on-going feedback on development/progression.
- Car scheme which offers associates the opportunity to lease a BMW or MINI at a competitive rate.
- Personal Pension Plan with excellent employer contributions and life assurance.
- Employee discount scheme, savings, cash-back and gift vouchers.
- Blended working, allowing you to work flexibly.
- Rolls-Royce wedding car, available for you and your immediate family.
- Subsidised restaurant and café on-site.
- On-site Occupational Health service including counselling and physiotherapy.
What do you need to do now?
If this sounds like the opportunity for you then apply today using the link below.
The next stages of the recruiting process will include: online testing, video interview and then an assessment centre during w/c 8th January 2024.
Please ensure that you complete all of the free text questions for your application to be progressed, and include a role relevant cover letter, explaining why we should consider you for this position.
To be eligible for this position you need to have achieved a 2:2 grade or above in your Bachelor’s or a Pass in your Masters and be able to provide proof of your legal right to work in the UK, if you are not a UK passport holder.
We are committed to promoting equal opportunities in employment and job applicants will receive equal treatment regardless of gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation.
Any further questions? Email us on FutureTalentRecruitment@bmwgroup.com