Enterprise Risk Architecture Systems Graduate Programme 2021
BNP Paribas is a leading bank in Europe with an international reach. It has a presence in 73 countries, with more than 196,000 employees, including around 149,000 in Europe. The Group has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets, International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors.
BNP Paribas Corporate and Institutional Banking is a globally recognised leader offering capital markets, securities services, financing, treasury and advisory solutions.
Business Area/Dept Overview
RISK is globally accountable for the definition of official risk policies, guidelines and procedures, as well as the quantification and monitoring of risks taken by the various business lines, to ensure alignment with risk appetite and policies. At BNP Paribas, a well-developed risk management culture is based on a long-term vision, a committed management, and a strong and independent organisation.
Enterprise Risk Architecture (ERA) is a transversal stream within RISK focussed on risk analytics, modelling and industrialisation.
Within ERA, the RISK ERA SYSTEMS team (RS) focusses on risk methodologies implementation and related system aspects. It contributes to the definition of the Group’s risk appetite, its risk decision making process and the optimization of capital allocation to support the development of the Operating Divisions. RS supports with full commitment all ERA initiatives and actions.
RISK ERA Systems Operations is part of RISK ERA Systems and provides to its clients a range of services and products related to Market and Counterparty risk.
Users Services, within RISK ERA Systems Operations, provides production and support services to users related to both Market and Counterparty risks in timely manner and with good quality. It ensures that all production is delivered and signed off based on services levels and agreed data quality framework in place. It also assist users ion their day to day queries to support their daily process and fix any underlying issues linked to system or data. The team also contributes to continuous improvement with the aim to improve our services.
Purpose & Scope of role
Purpose: The analyst – User Services will provide support to business users in relation to production and application services for Market and Counterparty Risk.
Key Responsibilities of role
- Act as a second/third level production support related to Market and Counterparty Risk.
- Provide business support to users and act as second line/third line of support.
- Analyse data quality/system issues and remediate to these.
- Provide daily sign-off on main services (Risks, VaR, Limits…)
- Analyse the weekly issues and identify recurrent issues
- Document operations processes when required
- Contribute to build tools used for controls, monitoring and reporting.
- Contribute to the continuous Improvement of the operations.
Experience, Qualifications & Competencies
- Education: Master degree in Finance / IT / Mathematics; Engineering
- Previous experience as support analyst in the banking industry with a focus on Front office or Risk functions.
- Previous experience in delivering continuous improvement to processes and systems within support and operations functions.
- Finance background with sound experience in risk management
- Pragmatic approach to handle production processes and to deal with exceptions
- Flexible and responsive approach due to exposure to numerous varied demands
- Problem solving approach and good intuition in risk measurement
- Understanding of ITIL framework.
- Good organisation and time management abilities
- Good communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Must be able to thrive under pressure and be result oriented.
- Languages: English is essential. French is preferred.
- Team work: Know how to work in a team and across teams
- Accuracy: Attention to details and quality of deliverables
- Client focus: Understanding of customer service and provide client with appropriate solution.
- Be a role model, supporting and fostering a culture of good conduct
- Demonstrate proactivity, transparency and accountability for identifying and managing conduct risks
Consider the implications of your actions on colleagues, partners and clients before making decisions, and escalate issues to your manager when unsure.