Enterprise Risk Management Graduate Programme 2021
BNP Paribas is a leading bank in Europe with an international reach. It has a presence in 73 countries, with more than 196,000 employees, including around 149,000 in Europe. The Group has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets, International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors.
BNP Paribas Corporate and Institutional Banking is a globally recognised leader offering capital markets, securities services, financing, treasury and advisory solutions.
Business Area/Dept Overview
A transversal part of the Group Risk Management Function, the Entreprise Risk Management Division (ERM) delivers activities, in order to :
- Foster coherence and consistency across the Group for risk reporting, stress testing and portfolio risk analysis,
- Develop further our risk analytics, modelling, as well as backtesting capabilities.
- And consolidate our data management approach,
- This stream also leads the activities regarding our independent assessment of the Bank’s balance-sheet liquidity risk management and of the structural interest rate and foreign exchange risk framework.
Purpose & Scope of role
Within ERM, the department manages activities leading to consistent delivery of global risk policies, methodologies & models, back testing and systems for Market & Counterparty risks. In addition to the IT and Methodology teams (respectively Risk Systems and SIGMA), the Change & Performance Management (CPM) team manages the project, portfolio, and business management activities of the teams in scope (in the Market & Counterparty risk space).
Key Responsibilities of role
The role consist in working closely with Project & Business Managers and be implied in:
- Drive changes in our organisation (using Agile & Lean methodologies)
- Follow project financials
- Participate in the elaboration of business case
- Analyse project data, and work with project managers to improve projects data quality
- Perform initial analysis to structure a project
- Lead simple projects
- Continuously improve our processes
- Applying best practice and governance
Experience, Qualifications & Competencies
- Education: Degree in Business/ Finance / Project Management/ or IT
- Previous experience in managing projects or data would be an advantage
- Finance background with sound experience in risk management
- Good organisation and time management abilities
- Good communication skills, both verbal and written
- Must be able to thrive under pressure and be result oriented
- Solutions-orientated person who can demonstrate high levels of people management and project delivery
- Comfortable in a demanding, ever-changing environment, used to making quality decisions and good at working to tight deadlines
- Team work: Know how to work in a team and across teams
- Accuracy: Attention to details and quality of deliverables
- Be a role model, supporting and fostering a culture of good conduct
- Demonstrate proactivity, transparency and accountability for identifying and managing conduct risks
Consider the implications of your actions on colleagues, partners and clients before making decisions, and escalate issues to your manager when unsure