Commodities Valuation and Risk Control Internship 2021
Commodities Valuation and Risk Control (Commodities V&RC) is a global function whose main missions is to validate the books and records for vanilla positions, to monitor local trading limits and to administer and control trader mandates across Commodities. We are looking to hire an intern to join the team in London with a view to start as soon as possible.
- Running a number of different price testing reviews (MAPs) across Commodities.
- Take ownership to maintain and improve some IT processes within V&RC.
- Work within a limited time frame as part of a team and product accurate month end corrections. This might require discussion and timely conclusions with the Front Office and Risk-GM related to the quality and accuracy of the MAP reviews.
- Produce accurate reports highlighting coverage and results of MAPS
- Documenting methodologies for MAP reviews proposed by Risk-IM whilst at the same time constructively challenging the present policy and looking for improvements.
- Helping with submission to MarkIT for interest rates products. Identifying where additional submissions would benefit the MAP reviews against the costs. Refine methods to reduce rejection rates while analysing results to produce valuable KPI’s for a wide range of interested parties across the bank.
- Various projects to automate and/or improve our systems with the assistance of IT.
- Build and maintain relationships with other Product Control teams, Front Office, Middle Office, Finance and Risk-GM based on trust, respect and professionalism.
- Contribute to other initiatives within the V&RC function, both within the region and in other locations.
- Sharing skills and ideas across the group along with providing occasional internal training for junior staff.
- Willingness to get involved in Risk Control with both daily tasks and Projects.
- A genuine interest in Finance, derivatives and their pricing.
- Very strong IT skills are necessary with Excel, VBA. Others are an advantage
- Technically strong in areas of finance. Knowledge of financial mathematics would be an advantage.
- The ability to find workaround solutions in the time available.
- Ability to interact confidently at all levels
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Attention to detail is essential especially when under pressure and time constraints.
- The ability to see the large picture and the impact your work has on the business.
- To be able to work as part of a team across V&RC both locally and globally.
Duration: 6-11 Months