Risk Summer Internship 2022
Our Risk Summer Internship programme provides a unique opportunity to spend nine exciting weeks at the Bank, in the Risk UK Team, assisting on the day-to-day activities as well as the key risk management functions. Your first week will consist of comprehensive and interactive training, with the following eight weeks spent in one of the Risk business areas.
What you’ll get to do
As an intern, you will be given responsibility from day one to add real value to live projects both externally (UK Regulators) or internally (focus papers on a specific area) and will be encouraged to expand your professional network across the bank. You’ll get the opportunity to experience management forums, contribute to innovation within the department, produce risk information for risk committees, contribute to ad-hoc requests and assist with presentations.
What we’re looking for
The Internship is open to all penultimate year students regardless of degree background. All you need to be is ambitious, bright, with the ability to problem solve and willingness to learn. We also look for:
- Strong academic background from a leading university or similar top tier institution
- Coding / automation skills are essential as automation of processes is needed
- A strong interest in high level staff management / logistics
- Ability to multi-task and confidence to participate in large strategic projects
- Strong organisational and time management skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent spoken and written English are crucial
- Strong attention to detail
It would also be beneficial if you have skills in VBA / R / Python or Power Bi although this is not essential.
- Be a role model, supporting and fostering a culture of good conduct
- Demonstrate proactivity, transparency, and accountability for identifying and managing conduct risks
- Consider the implications of your actions on colleagues
Who are we?
We’re one of the world’s leading investment banks, also known as ‘the bank for a changing world’. Being recognized as the World’s Best Bank for Corporate Responsibility (2019) by Euromoney magazine, reflects our commitment to financing the economy in an ethical manner, developing and engaging our people, being an agent for positive impact on society and for combating climate change. We contribute to the real economy by providing world-class solutions to a wide range of clients, including individuals, community associations, entrepreneurs, SMEs, corporate clients and institutional investors. We’re also home to more than 193,000 employees across 68 countries. As such, we take great pride in fostering an open, inclusive, and collaborative environment, where all are made to feel welcome from day one.