BDUK Sales & Marketing Business Analyst - 12 Month Internship 2021
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We’re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that’s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
This post is for a Sales & Marketing Business Analyst Intern to work within the Global Sales & Marketing function in Boeing Defence UK (BDUK) in Bristol. BDUK is a subsidiary of the Boeing Company and currently employs over 1,200 people in the UK. BDUK is responsible for delivering several exciting contracts to our UK defence customers including E-7 AEW&C, P-8A Maritime Patrol Aircraft, C4ISR Services, and Through Life Support for the Chinook & Apache Fleets, Logistic Information Services and Training Services
Working as part of BDUK Sales & Marketing, the Business Analyst will support the management of the tools and processes used to support the BDUK sales leads to portfolio manage the sales pipeline and customer engagement, maintaining the accuracy of the data and enabling the Sales & Marketing function to operate effectively, expediently and providing a single version of the truth for the wider BDUK enterprise (to inform the long range business plan & strategy planning).
- Support projects within the Sales & Marketing team
- Provide training to stakeholders across the business on the Sales Pipeline
- Carry-out research on competition in support of New Business Campaign Activity, analysing and integrating diverse and complex quantitative and qualitative data from a wide range of sources.
- Support various Sales & Marketing-led workshops where required
- Prepare and edit analysis, correspondence, communications, presentations and other documents when required
Employer will not sponsor applicants for employment visa status.
Basic qualifications (Required skills/experience)
- IT literate – proficient in the use of Excel, PowerPoint, Word, SharePoint, search engines, web analytics and business research tools
- Basic data quality and management standards and processes
- Strong analytical skills and critical thinking
- Be able to work well as part of a team or as an individual contributor
- Good communication skills – the ability to train and support senior Sales & Marketing team members on data management and the use of the Customer Relation Management tool
- Confident, proactive, determined, team focused
- Use initiative and take responsibility
Knowledge of the customer relationship management tools and techniques
- Knowledge of management reporting standards and processes
- The ability to develop presentations of complex data to highlight important features which impact on the business
- Basic knowledge of how companies capture business
- Understanding of how markets work, with knowledge of the Defence & Security sectors.
Typical education & experience
Pursuing a Business-related Degree
All information may be checked and verified. The ability to gain BPSS security clearance is essential.
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.