Graduate Technical Author Welwyn Garden City 2024
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values.
We’re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that’s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
Our products support the maintenance, modification and repair of the Boeing commercial fleet and the users of our products require concise, accurate technical documentation.
We are wishing to hire either Graduate or experienced Engineers to be based out of our Welwyn Garden City site. The Graduate Technical Author creates, changes or revises airplane maintenance publications using a variety of automated research tools and authoring systems.
Training and mentoring will be provided as part of our culture of continuous professional development.
- Research and evaluate engineering source data and specifications.
- Develop or maintain technical publication elements to include theory of operations, flight manuals, testing and troubleshooting procedures, illustrated parts breakdown, removal and installation procedures and schematic diagrams.
- Coordinate the preparation of illustrative materials.
- Conduct quality and in process reviews and validation of technical publications.
- Assist with the development of multiple publication elements for all levels of maintenance, retrofit and repair.
- Assist with the collection, research and analysis of source data.
- Assist in analyzing technical requirements to determine project scope and deliverables.
This requisition is for a locally hired position in the UK. Candidates must have current legal authorisation to work immediately in the United Kingdom. Boeing will not attempt to obtain Immigration and labour sponsorship for any applicants. Benefits and pay are determined at the local level and are not part of Boeing U.S. based payroll.
Required skills or qualifications
- Knowledge and work experience of aircraft maintenance or repair and/or; Bachelor’s Degree or above within Aerospace/Aeronautical Engineering or a closely related discipline.
- Ability to work on multiple projects with varying level of requirements efficiently and effectively.
- Solid IT and communications skills.
Equal opportunity employer
We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not accept unlawful discrimination in our recruitment or employment practices on any grounds including but not limited to; race, color, ethnicity, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military and veteran status, or other characteristics covered by applicable law.
We have teams in more than 65 countries, and each person plays a role in helping us become one of the world’s most innovative, diverse and inclusive companies. We are a Disability Confident Committed employer and welcome applications from candidates with disabilities. Applicants are encouraged to share with our recruitment team any accommodations required during the recruitment process.
Accommodations may include but are not limited to: conducting interviews in accessible locations that accommodate mobility needs, encouraging candidates to bring and use any existing assistive technology such as screen readers and offering flexible interview formats such as virtual or phone interviews.