Junior Procurement Agent
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We’re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that’s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
Major UK programmes such as Apache, Chinook, C-17, P-8A and Wedgetail are supported and delivered by Boeing Defence UK (BDUK), a subsidiary of The Boeing Company. Employing more than 1,400 people, BDUK also provides engineering sustainment and support for aircraft in service with the UK armed forces, along with virtual and instructor-led training. Leveraging our established defence business in the UK, and blending our local expertise with our ‘One Boeing’ global approach, BDUK is well positioned to support the UK with its current and future defence and security challenges.
BDUK maintains the UK’s Chinook fleet of 60 helicopters under the Through Life Customer Support (TLCS) contract, the Digital Automatic Flight Control System (DAFCS) upgrade programme and the Chinook Engine Support Arrangement (CESA). We seeking to hire Junior Procurement professionals who are wishing to join an established and successful team supporting the Chinook programme.
- Execute Supplier management and procurement ensuring compliance with associated Boeing processes
- Support and negotiate pricing and contract terms and conditions
- Prepare and execute negotiated contractual documents and binding agreements including Proprietary Information Agreements
- Supports risk issue and opportunity management
- Communicates supply and demand schedules to manage supplier quality, delivery and financial performance
- Support supplier improvement activities and integrates results into contracting strategies
- Provide transactional support to the purchase of goods and services where required
This position does not have sponsorship approval.
This requisition is for a locally hired position in the UK. Candidates must have current legal authorisation to work immediately in the United Kingdom. Boeing will not attempt to obtain Immigration and labour sponsorship for any applicants.
- The successful candidate will need to be adaptable and a creative thinker with the ability to liaise and work alongside a number of functional disciplines to help develop and form the strategic supply chain approach to support the programme.
- Ideally have experience with expediting, placing orders, inventory management
- Experience working with Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Ability to obtain UK SC security clearance
- Communication skills and customer focus are critical to be successful in the role