Graduate Finance Analyst 2021
We've assembled a team of ambitious & passionate people with experience at some of the leading E-commerce / marketplace companies, and we're on the look out for new talent to join our diverse team.
Three years ago, we identified a special cluster of brands and called them quality artisan brands. They comply with 4 selection criteria: quality, craftsmanship, story, and impact. They've been called aspiration economy or purpose-led brands, and we believe they are the future of the fashion, furniture and lifestyle industries.
We are looking to hire a Finance Analyst, to join our expanding team. This is an exceptional opportunity for you to work for an extremely progressive team and company, playing a key role in its growth and learning the skills required to further progress your career.
Reporting to the Head of Finance this role is key in bridging the commercial and financial reporting. You will play a key role in reporting our monthly performance as we continue to scale globally. This role is critical to the Finance function, providing financial insight and business partnering to the leadership team.
What you’ll be doing
- Reconciliation of revenue between orders and shipments
- Month-end close and actualisation of the P&L
- Preparation of monthly sales performance reports with key insight
- Cash flow management and bank reconciliation
- Expense and payment reconciliation in Xero
- Expense reporting and business partnering to the executive team to assist in the management of expense to budget
- Oversee brand payment process with AP analyst
- Assist in the preparation of annual financial statements, ensuring compliance with statutory reporting requirements
- Preparing audit files, liaising with auditors to resolve queries
- Oversee quarterly group VAT submissions
- Establish and maintain effective governance and financial control processes including documenting and maintaining appropriate financial policies and procedures
- Assist the Head of Finance with ad-hoc projects
- Ideally part qualified or newly qualified accountant ((ACA/ACCA/CIMA)
- Possess a high level of technical accounting knowledge and skills, the ideal candidate will have a good understanding of UK GAAP (FRS 102) and a practical experience of VAT and regulatory reporting
- Previous experience in retail or eCommerce is preferred
- Strong analytical skills and high regard for attention to detail
- Self-starter and highly motivated
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to work across teams
- Previous experience with Xero preferred
- Excellent collaborator with a “roll up your sleeves” approach and ready to make an impact.
- A start-up mentality with a bias to action and the ability to flex in a rapidly changing, fast-paced environment.
What you get in return
- Competitive salary and equity.
- 25 days holiday, which increases by 1 day with each year at Bombinate.
- Generous Bombinate employee discounts to help you bring your wardrobe & home to life.
- We trust you to work the schedule that’s most productive for you and your teammates.
- We believe in remote teams, so you'll have the opportunity to work from home or wherever you want. The Bombinate team is currently spread across (🇨🇭 🇬🇧 🇺🇸 🇦🇹 🇪🇸 🇩🇪 🇵🇹).
- Mac/Chromebook, Mechanical Keyboard, Plugins, IDE. You need it, we'll get it.
- Regular team socials.
- Coaching & Mentoring, to help you with your development, our company’s growing quickly, and we’ll give you the opportunity to do the same.
Why choose Bombinate
- Bombinate is on a mission to empower people and brands to transition towards quality and sustainable lifestyles.
- Bombinate began with a simple idea - the discovery of quality craftsmanship brands - and grew to become a fully-fledged family of brand founders, entrepreneurs, and craftsmen.
- Our intent with Bombinate is to unite different perspectives of quality into a single story; we won’t rest until we’ve unearthed the very best craftsmanship brands out there.
- We are backed by some of the leading European luxury & tech investors (Made, Revolut, Uber, Richemont, Mr Porter, Founders Factory) and are poised to solidify our awareness in the UK and expand across Europe.
- We've assembled a team of ambitious and passionate people with experience at some of the leading eCommerce/marketplace companies out there (Amazon, Clippings, Asos, Farfetch, Touch Of Modern)
Bombinate has built a dynamic, collaborative culture in which we hire and develop smart, driven people that share our desire to do work we can be proud of. We value learning and feedback, and we spur each other on to raise the bar of success. Our team comes from a variety of backgrounds, and we embrace diversity - if in doubt, just apply.