Junior Buyer Wallis 2021
Rewarding, visionary and fast paced – our Buying Department are looking for a Junior Buyer to join our passionate, agile and creative team at the Soho office in London. If your creative eye is seeking a new career within an ever changing environment, then why not evolve with us. Our unique test and repeat model makes us stand apart and allows us to react fast when bringing the product to market. Show us who you are and help us on the way to be the best trend setters of our global generation.
Makes effective and commercially focused buying decisions to buy product across allocates areas under the management and supervision of the senior buyer for that area.
Tasks, Duties & Responsibilities
- Completes all processes with reference to daily/weekly sales, as well as longer term plans.
- Monitors stock covers on single lines.
- Reports and effectively communicates all key information in trading meeting to Buyer and director level.
- Generates ideas and suggestion to impact the business with reference to promotions and mark downs.
- Provides SWOT analysis on designated categories every 6 weeks.
- Monitors and maintains stocks as per KPI’s set and manages open to buy accordingly.
- Develops basic understanding of WSSI by close cooperation with buyer and merchandising team.
- Responds to competitor analysis.
- Supports Buyers with the development of more junior team members.
- Supports Senior Buyers to develop new strategies for the business and department.
- Undertakes preparation for Far East trips, and works closely with the design team throughout the process to maintain effective communication and cooperation between the teams.
- Completes buying trips as needed.
- Liaises with Marketing and eCommerce teams to develop and maintain professional working relationships and ensure sales are maximised through the site and in line with overall strategy.
As a Junior Buyer you should be highly motivated, with technical flair, excellent communication skills and a can-do attitude.
The Company is committed to equality of opportunity for all applicants including those with criminal convictions. Basic Disclosure Information about criminal convictions will be requested to assist the selection process and will be taken into account only when the conviction is considered relevant to the position. A copy of this disclosure policy is available on request.