Junior Designer 2021
Our passion is luxury level quality, our mission is to deliver outstanding value for our customer and to make Warehouse a truly democratic brand.
Our in house design team are obsessed with detail and fashionability. We interpret trends to serve our customer, harnessing the colour palettes and moods of the international catwalks. Due to our continuing growth, we are now looking for an experienced Junior designer to join our passionate, agile and creative team.
- Forecasts trends to bring newness and fashionability into the ranges with original, detailed designs.
- Harnesses continuous sales data to innovate on bestsellers and presents in weekly trade meeting the actions taken.
- Shows a relentless thirst for knowledge and awareness of what is new in fashion on the street, in the competition and in the designer collections. Drive this into the product ranges.
- Alongside the Head of Design and design team, contributes to seasonal research, developing on-brand macro trends at season launch.
- Leads on key deliverables for your department including trim sourcing, print and surface treatments, and fabric development.
- Produces in season catwalk analysis for your department to share with the business.
- Is able to communicate key trends and sourcing requirements directly with suppliers.
- Hand drawing, experience of print manipulation, and ability to build and brief appropriate tech packs is essential.
- Shows speed and initiative in problem solving to land the right product at the right time into the business. Quick thinking and adaptability are essential.
- Delivers results within specified time frames.
- With support from Heads Of, manages the critical path to hit design deadlines, plan travel calendar and safeguard product through development to booking stage.
- Works closely with buying and senior team to range build and cultivate supplier relationships.
- Challenges the sourcing routes where necessary to deliver exceptional quality and value for the customer.
- Understands and upholds the commercial fit process and communicates clearly with technical teams both internally and externally.
- Is highly organised, keeping accurate records of developments actioned and communicating clearly with senior team members on evolution of ranges.
- Is flexible regarding offshore and local travel.
As a Junior Designer you should be highly motivated, an independent thinker, with technical flair, excellent communication skills and a can-do attitude.
Please include links to your design portfolio or examples of your work