Junior Ladieswear Garment Tech Karen Millen 2021
Be the vision and voice for our trend setting customers! With over 500 new styles and shapes hitting our website every week, our Karen Millen ladies technical team are looking for a strong and confident individual to join the team as a Junior Garment Technologist.
Junior Garment Technologist to work alongside our buying team, to improve fit and work with suppliers to improve quality.
- Conduct fit sessions for own product area in-house and at source, balancing speed and quality; making commercial decisions with confidence; owning the fitting process and inspiring trust and confidence from colleagues and suppliers.
- Sending clear, concise and accurate comments to suppliers; processing samples in a timely and agile manner, in line with KPI’s.
- Ensuring compliance with product safety and reach legislation; assessing risk, advising on relevant testing; recording and resolving non-compliance effectively and efficiently.
- Contributing to new projects.
- Supporting the wider Technical team with fit comments and the fit process.
- Promoting quality at all times, whilst maintaining a strong commercial attitude.
- Previous experience essential, a minimum of 1-2 year’s experience in a similar role and fast paced environment. (Exceptional graduate would be considered)
- A technically-oriented qualification, preferably at degree level, is essential.
- Multi-product experience desired.
- Confident and strong individual essential.
- Understanding of fitting and fit issues is essential.
- Pattern cutting knowledge and practise is very desirable alongside knowledge of grading and grade rules.
- First class communication skills.
- Keen interest in overseas travel desirable.
- Able to meet new challenges with a positive attitude.
- Strong time-management skills; able to prioritise tasks and change direction with agility.
- Confident using Outlook, Excel and Word. Keen to expand skill set as the role demands.