Junior Merchandiser Nasty Gal 2021
We're on a journey, taking the best people with us and so are looking for an experienced Junior Merchandiser to join us! Feel the buzz and excitement working with the brains behind one of the fastest growing international retailers. Responsible for making sure the product sells the best, most profitably, our Merchandising team are the self-proclaimed pioneers of the test and repeat model. Liaising closely with other departments such as buying, working in Merch as a Junior Merchandiser gives you opportunity to have a direct impact for one of the fastest growing international retailers! Show us who you are, join the team now!
Tasks, duties & responsibilities
- To prepare reporting and present in Weekly and Monthly Trading Meetings.
- Drives the Test and Repeat Model to trade their area.
- Reviews Daily and Weekly Sales performance and carriers out Rebuy and Markdown actions where required.
- Reviews over and under performance at Product Group level and drives trading actions to maximise potential and minimise risk.
- Seeds and manages a WSSI by accurately forecasting demand, OTB, returns, AVSP and margin.
- Takes ownership of the Critical Path Management and takes appropriate action on issues when they arise.
- As well as being competent in preparing trading reports/packs will also make recommendations for reporting improvements across the B&M function and implement.
- Takes a strategic approach to driving their department forward through Strategy and Framework plans.
- Continues to work closely with QC, Design and building on Supplier relations.
- Mentoring and coaching junior members of the team.
- Fully aware of the principles and contribution to the overall Business Strategy.
Processes and department development
- Is aware of current and emerging best practice within merchandising/buying
Communication and relationship building
- Builds effective and open relationships with all members of the buying and merchandising team, based on reliable, accurate and relevant data.
- Ensures productive relationship between merchandising function and all other business areas to ensure goals achieved, specifically the design and accounts teams.
- Delivers key information at the right time, to the right people, and presents when necessary at high level meetings as requested by the Director’s (in absence of Head of Merchandising)