Development and Compliance Industrial Placement 2021
Within the R&D department there are a vast amount of internal and external regulations and standards that we need to comply with. As part of the team within R&D we need to ensure we have compliant products that are state of the art, and are aware of what regulations and standards are changing moving forward. This must be completed for the UK and EU markets and requirements of any local regulations around the countries also.
Working alongside the Development and Compliance Manager, your role will be looking to ensure compliance of products against internal and external regulations and standards with the main focus on any differences between the UK laws and EU laws for the products. This will be at technical and environmental level current and future regulations basis.
- Checking on current and changing standards and regulations at EU and UK level and what they will mean to the current products in comparing to State of the Art
- Communicating suggested changes in standards and legislation to the team as necessary
- Task ownership and driving through of various projects to do with the main description to give visibility to the business of any changes and current state of the art status
- Administrative support to the Manager and team.
- Multiple opportunities to communicate and discuss crucial issues that are affecting the business with senior management.
- Development of existing knowledge and skills within the department to overall improve the candidates’ life and academic skills.
- Wider experience of business operations whilst maintaining a consumer focus attitude.
The successful candidate will be supported and encouraged to contribute to departmental practices.
You must be an undergraduate student seeking a 12 month placement as part of your degree. Degrees across all disciplines are accepted.
An ideal candidate will have the following attributes:
- Computer literate and ready to embrace new ways of working through digitalisation.
- Ability to adapt quickly to changing working environments.
- Good organisation and planning skills with the ability to prioritise workload.
- Have the confidence to challenge and propose new ideas in a professional manner.
- Potential to communicate confidently with people at all levels.
- Has the capability to work well in a team as well as independently, using own initiative.
- Good attention to detail and a quality mindset.
- Ability to digest a lot of written information and summarise into presentations as necessary
Please note that this is an undergraduate role, open for applicants seeking a 12 month placement as part of your degree. If you do not fit this criteria, please apply for our other roles.