Government & Industry Standards Industrial Placement 2021
Using several different databases, you will assist the Standards Manager in protecting the Company's products from being placed at a disadvantage in the market place by forthcoming changes in legislation or standards, and gain an awareness of how these changes can impact on the business. Over a 12 month placement the successful candidate will be involved in:
- Researching, processing and archiving proposed changes to standards and legislation to assist the Standards Manager.
- Communicating suggested changes in standards and legislation to a cross-functional team of experts (both internal and external), external parties, Trade Associations, Standards Committees and Government Departments.
- Task ownership of tracking and updating changes to standards and legislation and communicating these changes to the departments network.
- Administrative support to the Standards Manager.
- Multiple opportunities to communicate and discuss crucial issues that are affecting the business with senior management.
- Development of existing knowledge and skills within the department to overall improve the candidates life and academic skills.
- Wider experience of business operations whilst maintaining a consumer focus attitude.
The successful candidate will be supported and encouraged to contribute to departmental practices and communicate with national and international colleagues to meet business goals.
You must be an undergraduate student seeking a 12 month placement as part of your degree. Degrees across all disciplines are accepted.
An ideal candidate will have the following attributes:
- Computer literate and ready to embrace new ways of working through digitalisation.
- Ability to adapt quickly to changing working environments.
- Good organisation and planning skills with the ability to prioritise workload.
- Have the confidence to challenge and propose new ideas in a professional manner.
- Potential to communicate confidently with people at all levels.
- Has the capability to work well in a team as well as independently, using own initiative.
- Good attention to detail and a quality mindset.
Please note that this is an undergraduate role, open for applicants seeking a 12 month placement as part of your degree. If you do not fit this criteria, please apply for our other roles.