Purchasing Engineer Industrial Placement 2021
The Purchasing Engineering Intern will be responsible for introducing new or updated parts to the plant. This will involve negotiating between suppliers and Research and Development to decide the most cost effective and efficient part possible, therefore liaising and communicating with suppliers, Buyers and Engineers within the department and other departments is key. The Purchasing Engineering Intern will also be responsible for keeping Quality and Logistics departments involved in all purchases and decision making, to ensure that parts pass all approval stages and all packaging, delivery and storage is organised prior to the part arrival.
- Be an undergraduate student with a desire to complete a 12 month work placement as part of degree studies.
- Good organisational and planning skills with the ability to prioritise workload.
- Has the ability to adapt quickly to changing working environments and is ready to embrace new ways of working through digitalisation.
- Has the confidence to challenge and create new ideas.
- Has the capability to work well in a team as well as independently, using own initiative.
- Has a quality mind-set with high attention to detail.
- Can communicate confidently with people at all levels, both written and verbal (including on the telephone).
- IT literate and confident in using MS Office packages as well as learning Company systems.