Logistics Internship 2021
Originally founded in 1962, Worcester became part of the Worldwide Bosch Group in 1996 and we are the UK market leader in domestic boilers. Our current product range includes gas and oil boilers, hot water cylinders, renewable technologies such as heat pumps and solar water heating systems, as well as controls and accessories.
Worcester is also home to our Commercial & Industrial Division. Bosch C&I is one of the leading suppliers of heating and hot water products in the UK. We specialise in the manufacture of Industrial Boilers, Commercial Boilers and Heat Interface Units – which are also manufactured in Worcester.
Our commitment to the highest standards of manufacturing over the last 50 years, has led our boilers to receive coveted Which? Best Buy awards for ten years running, and for Worcester to receive a Royal Warrant for supplying our boilers to Her Majesty The Queen’s Sandringham Estate.
Our UK headquarters is based in Worcester where all the main functions of the business are located including the manufacturing of gas boilers. We have a further site in Clay Cross Derbyshire where our oil boilers are manufactured.
The Spares Planning and Procurement department is responsible for the procurement and availability of Spares Parts for the customer merchant supply chain and for our (300+) Service Engineers, by planning incoming component material and finished product from the international supply chain. We co-ordinate with a number of Bosch Sites and plan production requirements onsite at Worcester. The department supports Service Engineers in the field with management of stock profiles and correct replenishment of stock, to support first time fix for the end customer.
- Communication and administration of van stock queries for Service Engineers
- Scheduling of component and traded goods.
- Monitor and correct stock replenishment issues
- Van stock exchange program
- Set up of schedules for Procurement
- Must be an undergraduate student
- Computer literate with a good knowledge of Microsoft packages, including good knowledge of Excel and awareness of SAP system
- Good communication skills with both customers and suppliers, including a clear telephone manner.
- Attention to detail
- Analytical approach, comfortable working with numbers
- Supply chain knowledge