Product Officer Industrial Placement 2021
Chances are, if you've been in a car, you've come into contact with ETAS software. ETAS is the industry leader in measurement and calibration tools for use in deep embedded automotive software. ETAS’s UK centre of excellence for software engineering is based in York.
ETAS develop world leading operating systems, middleware, development tools, cyber security libraries and calibration tools for use in automotive software development. As part of the ETAS team, you'll get the chance to work in a unique portion of the software industry involving model driven development, embedded systems, high performance middlewares and cyber security.
We pride ourselves on writing maintainable, performant and well tested software which brings joy to our customers. To support our continued growth we are recruiting for experienced Embedded Software Engineers to join a multi-disciplinary, international team. You will get the opportunity to work with experts in the industry with decades of experience in software architecture, embedded development, agile methodologies and test driven development.
ETAS is a fully owned subsidiary of the BOSCH group, providing the opportunity to be reactive to market demands and new technologies while being part of a long standing, stable and socially responsible international organisation. We employ more than 1,300 people in 12 countries in Europe, Asia and the Americas, and can provide a myriad of opportunities for employees to branch out into different opportunities at sites around the world.
- Monitor, response and allocate the queries raised on Jira platform
- Maintain and enhance the functionality of price calculator and offer automation tools
- Maintain sales briefing, track and deliver products
- Interacting with other stakeholders/ responsible persons for delivery of software
- Product model setup using ETAS standard processes and tools
- Arranging meetings/ sessions and similar events with all regional teams
You might be currently studying for a management degree or similar but this is not essential. You certainly need to be organised, and obsessed with detail. Great communication is critical as you need to be able to collaborate with individuals in the team as well as have the confidence to present your ideas and the team plans to others.
If you are interested in software, or you think you might like to learn about how software is sold, or have an interest in a future career within the product / sales / software world then this could be the right opportunity for you.
- Please note that we would like you to start in July 2021 for a 12-month Internship
- This position is open to undergraduates who are required to partake in a work placement as part of their degree course
- Before applying for this vacancy, you must inform your Faculty/School Placement Officer - If your Faculty/School does not have a Placement Officer, you must inform your Course Tutor
- You will be required to work 40 hours across 5 days a week