Purchasing and Procurement Graduate 2021
Bosch Rexroth is one of the world’s leading specialists in drive and control technologies. Under the Rexroth brand, tailor-made solutions are created for driving, controlling and moving systems within many varied application across production equipment, factory automation solutions and mobile plant and machines. Our products are manufactured globally with application and customer support teams provided on a local and specific country level.
As a Rexroth Graduate you will join a specific function and assume a full role with real responsibilities right from the beginning. The experience you will gain on the job, coupled with our flexible, supportive graduate programme, will enable you to build a strong foundation for your future career.
Our two year programme provides a structured framework to guide your personal and professional development through a combination of on the job learning, web based and facilitated training and regular performance reviews. At the heart of the programme is an experienced manager who will work with you to develop your skills and allow you to play an active part in driving your own development. Your network will include a buddy, a dedicated HR contact and a mentor from the senior leadership team so you will be well supported during your programme and beyond. We aim to give you the very best start to your career with Bosch Rexroth and in return we expect you to make the most of every opportunity, challenge yourself and play to win!
Please complete and upload the Graduate application form Your application will then be screened and if you pass the screening stage we will invite you to complete a telephone/video interview. Successful candidates will then be invited to attend an assessment centre and final interview.
We know you take time to make your application as good as it can be, so we will also take the time to keep you updated on the progress of your application by sending you regular updates and providing you with personal feedback if you attend an assessment centre or face to face interview.
If you applied for a graduate role last year but were unsuccessful you are very welcome to apply again this year but please do ensure you meet the essential academic requirements as these have changed since last year.
Our customers rely on us to deliver excellent engineering solutions, so it is important that we source and supply the right products and services on time to our engineering teams. Our Purchasing and Procurement team is looking for a graduate who can join the team and make a contribution and positive impact from day one.
Initially you will be based at our Cirencester site, but you will spend your second year in St Neots to enable you to widen your network and broaden your knowledge into a range of areas from factory automation through to industrial hydraulics. Why not check out our Bosch Rexroth YouTube channel to see more about what we do?
As a Purchasing and Procurement Graduate your functional knowledge and expertise gained from your degree or work experience will enable you to hit the ground running, but it will be your entrepreneurial, leadership and interpersonal skills that will make you stand out, including:
- Results orientated; with a desire to exceed targets and push yourself and others to succeed
- Future orientated; learns from failures, encourages creativity and manages uncertainty
- Resilient; good problem solving ability
- Proactive and self-motivated; including taking responsibility for driving your personal development by using and maintaining learning strategies for personal and professional growth
- Able to build high quality and lasting relationships at all levels
- Effective networker
- Excellent interpersonal skills; effective communication, collaboration and cooperation
- Excellent time management and organisational skills
No two days will be the same and the tasks you work on will vary depending on customer need, but once you have completed your initial training a typical week could include the following:
- Requesting and analyzing quotes and making sourcing recommendation/decisions using comparison of quotation (COQ) and/or decision matrix.
- Reviewing technical drawings including specifications with suppliers for quotations.
- Updating prices in SAP, costing of parts and resolving blocked invoices.
- Ensuring accuracy of source list for the processing of Purchase Orders.
- Assisting the Sales/Engineering process with collecting target prices and effective quotations.
- Planning and organizing meetings, preparing accurate minutes and documentation for meetings, ensuring prompt distribution and follow up of actions.
- Documenting purchasing decisions in accordance with company guidelines/requirements, ensuring complete access of relevant data by maintaining files (e.g. supplier information, quotation, negotiation agreements, contracts etc.)
- Managing the supplier base and procurement process.
- Negotiating with suppliers to ensure materials and services are bought at the most competitive price and at best negotiated cost.
- Identifying new local suppliers, agreeing terms and negotiate supply agreements such as incoterms and payment terms where appropriate, including volume rebates.
- Visiting suppliers and customers, providing a proactive response to problems and identifying appropriate solutions to improve performance.
- Sharing ideas and suggestions for improvements, using CIP Methodology and information with others to enable them to fulfill their role.
- Identifying and utilizing opportunities for improvements and growth that exist within purchasing and logistics
We want our graduates to join us and grow to become the future of the business and a graduate traineeship with our Purchasing Team gives you an incredible head start on your future career, as you learn from the very best.
Please note you must have the right to work in UK for this position as sponsorship is not available.
- Engineering or business acumen
- Able to take responsibility for your own development and complete the required training and evidence of training.
- Good planning and documenting skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Good standard of written and spoken English
- Able to understand customer expectations (including internal customers) and deliver to deadlines.
- Must be prepared to travel and stay overnight on a regular basis
- Full UK driving licence
- Undergraduate degree or Masters in a relevant discipline (eg Engineering, Business, Supply Chain, Purchasing or Procurement)
- Working knowledge of MS Office packages
- Working knowledge of integrated systems (eg SAP)
- Additional language skills
- Competitive graduate salary
- Graduate training programme
- Structured framework
- Advice and supervision from leaders in our business
- Mentoring from a senior leader
- Regular reviews and feedback
- Networking opportunities
- Wide support network
- Learning and development opportunities
- 12 month placement
- 24 month duration
Additional benefits include: Pension, 25 days holiday (plus bank holidays), Life Assurance, staff discounts, Perkbox, Cycle to work scheme, Employee Assistance Programme.
- You must have the right to work in the UK.
- You must be able to travel for this role.
- You must be available to start in September 2021
Remember: we're interested in your potential and what you can do, not just what you have done.