Health, Safety & Environment Industrial Placement 2021
Originally founded in 1962, Worcester became part of the Worldwide Bosch Group in 1996 and we are the UK market leader in domestic boilers. Our current product range includes gas and oil boilers, hot water cylinders, renewable technologies such as heat pumps and solar water heating systems, as well as controls and accessories.
Our commitment to the highest standards of manufacturing over the last 50 years, has led our boilers to receive coveted Which? Best Buy awards for nine years running, and for Worcester to receive a Royal Warrant for supplying our boilers to Her Majesty The Queen’s Sandringham Estate.
Our UK headquarters is based in Worcester where all the main functions of the business are located including the manufacturing of gas boilers. We have a further site in Clay Cross Derbyshire where our oil boilers are manufactured.
The purpose of this role is to help the Health, Safety and Environmental (HSE) Department in carrying out duties which ensure compliance with legislation and conformity to recognised standards.
The Health, Safety and Environmental department is a lean team of two. The department’s functions include maintaining three certified management systems, conducting checks across the entire workplace to maintain and improve standards, facilitate routine processes for reporting and investigation incidents, chasing actions that arise from checks and investigations, providing support to departments in risk assessing work activities and equipment, and providing guidance and advice on a wide array of EHS topics.
In support of the departments functions, the internship role will entail
- Answering emails and telephone calls
- Updating, sorting and saving records
- Extracting data from spreadsheets
- Attending/arranging meetings
- Conducting checks across the workplace
- Processing and communicating the results of statutory inspection reports
- Arranging occupational health appointments
You will be provided with guidance and support and responsibilities will increase as your competency develops.
- An undergraduate student with a requirement to complete a 12 month work placement as part of your degree studies.
- Computer literate with a good knowledge of Microsoft Office packages.
- Ability to communicate confidently with people.
- Ability to plan and organise time effectively.
- Good attention to detail (ability to analyse information) and a quality mind-set.
- Ability to take initiative and be tenacious in achieving goals.