Offshore Surveyor Placement Great Yarmouth 2024
We are looking for Surveyors to join project teams offshore for a 12-month placement period providing support to the surveyor in charge and the party chief onboard during survey operations. Supporting field teams during drydock activities.
This is a seagoing role, with an expectation of completing circa 180 days offshore per calendar year. Previous experience in a similar environment would be advantageous.
Your responsibilities include
- Online monitoring of survey equipment
- Processing and QC of survey data
- Operation and calibration of DGNSS receivers, USBL acoustic positioning systems, Multibeam echo sounders and other survey systems as required
- Project planning with other technical disciplines at sea
- Report compilation
- Equipment mobilisations and dimension control
You can make your mark as a Surveyor if you have:
- Adaptability, positivity and personal drive
- Previous knowledge of any of; GNSS processing, MBES processing, Acoustic Theory, Tidal Theory, or Geodesy would be advantageous
- Team spirit, dedication and a collaborative work ethic
- Currently studying a relevant degree
What you can expect
- A range of benefits: In addition to your salary and flexible work arrangements, you will receive an annual leave entitlement of 30 days, a salary sacrifice pension scheme*, access to private healthcare through Bupa* as well as cycle to work* and eye test schemes!*
- Career opportunities: We challenge you every day to get better. Together we realise your full personal and professional career by creating development opportunities be that onshore or offshore. Being part of Gardline and the Boskalis Group provides access to a vast range of opportunities across the globe!
- A warm welcome: We warmly welcome our new colleagues, so they feel at home as soon as possible. During your onboarding program, we give you all the ins and outs of Gardline!