Business Development Executive
Join Bright Network as our Business Development Executive!
At Bright Network, we connect ambitious young people from all backgrounds with the brightest career opportunities. Our leading platform provides members with the tools, advice and insights they need to access brilliant opportunities at global companies - ensuring the next generation finds the future they deserve and businesses identify the most powerful pipeline of tomorrow’s talent.
We help 250+ leading employers such as KPMG, Goldman Sachs and McKinsey & Company reach and recruit a diverse and inclusive pool of high-calibre talent to inspire and empower the next generation to carve out their future … and that’s where you come in!
As we grow and scale, we’re looking for a budding Business Development Executive to join our Commercial Team.
More about the opportunity
As a Business Development Executive at Bright Network, you will be responsible for ensuring our Business Development Managers are connected to and meeting with relevant decision-makers and key stakeholders within HR & early career recruitment at our target clients.
You’ll do this through a combination of converting inbound leads and outbound prospecting – aiming to expand our reach and ultimately contribute to our long-term business growth. This role is ideal for someone who is keen to hit the ground running with their business development career.
This is a brand new role for the business, where you will have the opportunity to shape your development as both you and the company grow. You’ll have full support at every step of your Bright Network journey.
Specifically, you will :
- Use your creativity and autonomy to own and manage the initial stages of lead engagement - ensuring we begin positive conversations with all new business customers
- Respond to all our inbound inquiries, qualify leads and set up meetings for our Business Development Managers
- Systematically reach out to potential new clients via prospecting calls, emails and LinkedIn to introduce them to our products and services – acting as the front line service for our new clients
- Collaborate closely with the wider Marketing and New Business Team to establish an outbound account penetration plan, including target companies, prospects and messaging
- Become a subject matter expert and evangelist of our expansive offering to prospective employer partners
- Ensure Salesforce is up-to-date at all times to support and manage the BDMs’ pipelines
- Regularly report to your manager on lead generation targets
- Regularly feedback on systems and processes to improve the effectiveness of our business development operations
- As you gain experience, you will have an increasing part to play in the business development cycle and closing deals – you’ll have a mentor to support you every step of the way
Does this sound like you?
- You’ll ideally have 3-6 months’ relevant experience (e.g. sales, business development, recruitment, etc.) who is passionate about building a career in business development as part of a scaling business.
- You pride yourself on your excellent communication skills (both written and verbal) – you can confidently build rapport with those around you.
- You’re a self-starter who is full of drive and determination, as well as the energy and resilience to bounce back.
- You’re keen to work as part of a collaborative business development team, where you’ll have the opportunity to learn from those around you – but you’re also confident operating independently.
- You feel passionately about Bright Network’s mission to connect the next generation with the opportunities, insights and advice to succeed as the workforce of tomorrow.
We can offer you :
- The opportunity to join a high-growth and rapidly scaling business (we recently secured £3.5 million in funding)
- A flat & transparent structure with a values-driven & collaborative culture (which you can read more about here!).
- Unlimited holiday & flexible/remote working.
- Open plan Liverpool Street office, with snacks, beer tap & team drinks on Fridays.
- Share options after 1 year’s service.
- Regular team socials and the annual full team off-site.
Key details :
- Salary : Competitive base salary dependent on experience
- Start Date : ASAP
- Location : London, Liverpool Street (although we’re currently working remotely)
Application & interview process :
- Short video interview
- 1st round : 45-60 minute interview with our Business Development Director
- 2nd round : 60 minute presentation & panel interview
- Final round : Virtual coffee / chat with our CEO
Applications will be reviewed on a first come, first served basis.
We'll respond to successful applicants within five working days. If you haven't heard back from us within that time frame, then unfortunately your application has been unsuccessful. If that is the case, we encourage you to keep checking the Bright Network Careers Page for future job openings that might spark your interest!