Graduate Community Executive
Join Bright Network as our Community Executive
Introducing Bright Network & our Technology Academy:
Bright Network exists to connect ambitious young people from all backgrounds with the brightest career opportunities. We partner with 250+ of the world’s leading employers (including the likes of Amazon, Google & Goldman Sachs) and support 400,000+ graduates as they move into the world of work. We’ve raised £8M+ of venture capital and use proprietary data and technology to deliver superior hiring outcomes for our members and client partners.
In January 2021, Bright Network established the Bright Network Technology Academy as part of our mission to train 100,000+ young people in technology and digital skills over the next five years.
We have purpose built a free-to-access training and development bootcamp that will train graduates to become Full Stack Software Engineers in order to help them secure their first jobs. Training of the first cohort of 50 learners started in February and has been hugely successful and our engineers will be ready to deploy into partner firms from the start of May 2021.
More about the opportunity:
Our first training bootcamp has been incredibly successful and has allowed us to make over 20 job offers to Academy Graduates to join Bright Network as Software Engineering Consultants in May 2021. We’re seeking a person passionate about giving Graduates the best start to their careers with a skillset for delivering operational excellence.
Whilst no two days will be the same, some core focuses of the role will be;
- Design and deliver a strategy for creating a best-in-class Graduate Programme across 2-years
- Own the training and development journey for the graduates throughout their time with Bright Network, focusing on both soft and technical skills
- Create a sense of community through regular social activities and meet ups
- Offer pastoral care to the graduates and support them throughout
- Bring back feedback from the cohorts and points for improvement to the team for iterating our delivery to continue to deliver a great experience
- Be in control of retention of the Software Engineering Consultants – making sure they’re loving their experience and want to grow their careers with us
- Onboard new joiners from future cohorts – we have ambitious plans to onboard upwards of 60 graduates every year
You truly will have full autonomy for designing and delivering a new graduate programme.
What we’re looking for:
- Recent graduate who specialises in ‘getting things done’
- You may have some experience in HR, Operations, or a Consulting role!
- Operationally minded – you understand process, you can spot opportunities, and you love problem solving
- Someone who does their best work when working in a fast-paced, innovative team
- You thrive in ambiguity – relishing the opportunity to learn and build new skills
- You’re a stellar communicator (both written and verbally) who brings people together
- An excellent listener who is able to offer advice and empathy to those who require support
- You feel comfortable in calling out identified risks and issues quickly and you’re quick to come up with a solution
- Customer obsessed – you never lose sight of what adds the most value for the end customer
- An entrepreneurial mind who is passionate about developing others and is excited by the prospect of truly disrupting and innovating an industry
We can offer you:
- Autonomy to create and be part of a world beating training bootcamp and graduate programme to develop the brightest, most diverse technology talent on the market
- The chance to disrupt an industry and provide the world’s best employers with better access to high performing technical talent
- An opportunity to be join the team early in our growth journey – scratching your entrepreneurial-itch without the downside risk
- A flat & transparent structure with a values-driven & collaborative culture (which you can hear more about here!)
- The opportunity to work with a high-growth and rapidly scaling business
- Open plan Liverpool Street office, with snacks, beer tap & team drinks on Fridays
- Share options after 1 year’s service
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Regular team socials (virtual and face-to-face when allowed!)
- Salary: Dependent on Experience
- Start Date: ASAP
- Location: Remote / London
- Management: Report directly into Head of Bright Network Technology Academy
Application & interview process :
- Initial screening call : 20-30 minute Zoom call with our People Team
- 1st round : 60 minute competency interview
- 2nd round : 60 minute presentation & values interview
- Final round : Virtual coffee / chat with our CEO
Applications will be reviewed on a first come, first served basis.
We'll respond to successful applicants within five working days. If you haven't heard back from us within that time frame, then unfortunately your application has been unsuccessful. If that is the case, we encourage you to keep checking the Bright Network Careers Page for future job openings that might spark your interest!