eCommerce Internship 2021
This role offers a fantastic opportunity to further your career in eCommerce whilst working in one of the fastest growing industries in the country. Sitting within the eCommerce team, you will contribute towards the ambitious growth of our D2C online business. Joining this fast-paced team, you’ll be getting stuck in and gaining a wide range of skills and experience working with colleagues across business.
You will play an important part in the eCommerce team to help plan, support, and delivery our commercial growth. You will be a key in supporting the team with analysing data and insights to drive trading recommendations. You will also support with User function testing to ensure the website is fit for purpose. This role is perfect for someone wanting to learn all aspects of eCommerce and work within a tight knit team.
What is the direct impact of this role on the team or organization? Help to drive timely and accurate data and insights analysis into performance so that we can achieve our KPI targets. Ensure the website delivers fantastic customer experience when shopping online.
What you'll do
- Timely and adequate reporting (Daily/ Weekly/ Monthly / Ad-Hoc) on business performance to provide detailed view into performance drivers and insights which can be used to drive actionable recommendations.
- Automating the reporting process- implementing, organising and streamlining the reporting process to ensure smooth update on performance across wider team.
- Compiling data and insights into presentation decks on performance for senior stakeholders
- Become a champion in reporting tools, including Power BI, Ometria, GA, Magento 2 and Tonic platforms.
- Clear and effective communication of performance to wider teams in weekly/ monthly trading meetings
- Ensuring the trade plans across websites are optimised fully to support achieving targets
- Support with compiling cycle plans and activities for all websites for full calendar year
- Support with creating presentations, editing and formatting to allow easy digestible content
Can this be your future role?
- Do you have any experience within ecommerce/ online? If no, have you got an interest in ecommerce/ online and why?
- Do you have strong excel skills, are you able to manipulate large amounts of data and transfer them to visual representation for easy digestion?
- Have you got any reporting/ data insights experience?
- Recent graduate, max. 1-2 years of experience
- Interest in Digital/ ecommerce
- Interest in Online Merchandising and User Testing/UX
- Advanced Excel skills
- PowerPoint skills
- Bachelor’s degree
- College Qualifications/ BTEC/ A-Levels
At BAT we are committed to our Purpose of creating A Better Tomorrow. This is what drives our people and our passion for innovation. See what is possible for you at BAT.
- Global Top Employer with 53,000 BAT people across more than 180 markets
- Brands sold in over 200 markets, made in 44 factories in 42 countries
- Newly established Tech Hubs building world-class capabilities for innovation in 4 strategic locations
- Diversity leader in the Financial Times and International Women’s Day Best Practice winner
- Seal Award winner – one of 50 most sustainable companies
BELONGING, ACHIEVING, TOGETHER
Collaboration, diversity and teamwork underpin everything we do here at BAT. We know that collaborating with colleagues from different backgrounds is what makes us stronger and best prepared to meet our business goals. Come bring your difference!