Learning & Development Industrial Placement 2021
At BAT we are committed to our Purpose of creating A Better Tomorrow. This is what drives our people and our passion for innovation. See what is possible for you at BAT.
- Global Top Employer with 53,000 BAT people across more than 180 markets
- Brands sold in over 200 markets, made in 44 factories in 42 countries
- Newly established Tech Hubs building world-class capabilities for innovation in 4 strategic locations
- Diversity leader in the Financial Times and International Women’s Day Best Practice winner
- Seal Award winner – one of 50 most sustainable companies
Our L&D Intern will bring their own fresh thinking and energy to the team for an action-focused 6 to 12 months placement. The L&D Intern will be responsible for their own mini projects, as well as supporting larger initiatives across leadership, functional, and digital learning for the entire North and Western Europe Area.
BAT is redefining its approach to learning & development in order to build the critical capabilities needed for ‘A Better Tomorrow’. As part of this journey, employees are strengthening their skills through a blended mix of virtual, digital & face-to-face learning options. BAT partners with leading business schools, training and technology providers in order to provide the latest thinking and tools that will provoke curiosity, challenge existing thinking and translate to on-the-job impact.
- Prepare for & support international training programmes like our Leadership Development Portfolio
- Build digital learning playlists, selecting content to build capabilities across departments, functions, and countries
- Bring your ideas to L&D projects like learning campaigns, roll-out of new digital learning tools, & programme deployment
- Run our mobile learning platform for our sales teams
- Support L&D communications to internal stakeholders, and help supervise impact of learning initiatives through benchmarking, reviewing data, & preparing updates
- HR / L&D experience
- Have completed or are on the verge of completing a Bachelors’ Degree
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent organisational skills and ability to prioritise
- Possess sound knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook)
- Experience with content creation
- Design thinking understanding and/or UX