Product Global Graduate 2021
We have a great opportunity for a Global Graduate to join our Central THP Product Deployment function based in Southampton.
The role offers the opportunity to work in a Global above market Product Deployment function, deploying products to our growing 25+ THP markets that are positioned all over the World and across multiple regions.
You will get exposure to a global environment, learning the base principles of consumer product development and deployment, the processes that underpin how we work and Next Generation Product Operations in a multinational company and engaging with very diverse stakeholders.
- Work with the team to deliver a portfolio of global New Category projects and contribute to Better Tomorrow by transforming tobacco products
- Work with internal and external stakeholders to support delivery of the commercial vision for the product
- Contribute to improved ways of working within the Product Deployment team
- Support the implementation of new and modified products at factory level, through specifications in SAP
- Work with the team on development and deployment activities of New Category products across our global markets
- Contribute to the quality and consistency of product specifications through tracking of regular analytical results and propose corrective actions where required (with the guidance of Senior Expert)
- Act as key contact point for manufacturing to support trials, new product implementations and monitoring of performance data in cooperation with the quality department
- Assist with the product specifications and recipes approval in SAP system according to project lead times and product requirements
- Ensure product data sheets are uploaded in the product compliance system, in accordance with the product compliance processes
- Support with product specification maintenance in accordance with product quality and factory quality analysis
- Monitor and review progress of global deployment projects against the agreed timeline
- The Global Graduate program offers world class international training and developing opportunities. The Graduates are offered real challenges from Day 1 and a great start on an international career
- During the one year program, the Global Graduates will have two assignments and will be involved in an international project. There is a fast track career development supported through Coaching, Mentoring and exposure to Senior Level Management
- The role will be based in the Central Product Deployment function based in the UK- Southampton
- The role requires a strong base in continuous improvement to drive the change management required within Product Deployment in order to deliver sustainable benefits to the business
- Growing and progressing your career in the Central Product Deployment function
- University graduate
- Globally mobile
- Fluent in English
- Passionate to learn and self-develop, courageous & resilient
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong communication skills and ability to collaborate and influence
- Ambitious and eager to progress
- Able to think global from the start
- Takes business challenges from Day 1
- University degree in Science, Technology, Engineering, Maths or Agronomy
- Skills developed through extra-curricular activities that can be applied to the role
- Knowledge of product development principles and processes
British American Tobacco is one of the world’s leading multinational companies, with brands sold in over 200 markets, made in 44 factories in 42 countries.
We are proud that we are consistently among the top 5 companies on the London Stock Exchange.
Our portfolio includes our world-famous Global Drive Brands – Dunhill, Kent, Lucky Strike, Pall Mall and Rothmans – along with many other leading international brands, such as Vogue, Peter Stuyvesant and State Express 555.
Alongside our traditional tobacco business, we are also developing products that offer consumers potentially less risky alternatives to regular cigarettes. Our Next Generation Products are already leading the way in the Industry of vapour and tobacco heating devices. We continue to develop a solid portfolio of consumer solutions which already include well known global brands like Vype, glo and Voke.