Retail Activation Internship 2021
Alongside our traditional tobacco business, we are also developing products that offer consumers potentially less risky alternatives to regular cigarettes. Our Next Generation Products are already leading the way in the Industry of vapour and tobacco heating devices. Our revolutionary closed-vapour system, ePen3, was voted Product of the Year (POTY) for 2019 by consumers, beating several international competitors in a highly challenging category. We continue to develop a solid portfolio of consumer solutions which already include well known global brands like Vype, Glo and Voke. Our portfolio includes our world-famous Global Drive Brands – Dunhill, Kent, Lucky Strike, Pall Mall and Rothmans.
We are currently looking for a Retail Activation Intern who will report into the Retail Activation Manager and form part of the wider Marketing Activation Team.
Our team is passionate about transforming the tobacco industry to reduced risk alternatives. Working on our Potentially Reduced Risk Products portfolio you will be responsible for showcasing our market leading brands in retail, building belief in our mission to offer the best quality, safest nicotine products to consumers all over the UK.
What you'll do
- Design, development, production, management and evaluation of: BAT unitary estate including planning, deployment and evaluation and Point of Sale Materials (POSM)
- Develop innovative, high quality and impactful unitary for deployment in different shopper channels.
- Effectively collaborate with internal and external stakeholders to achieve common goals.
- Provide efficient input into agency briefings and guide the creative process.
- Monitor external agencies to ensure the production of assets are of a high quality and meet agreed the agreed cost/timelines.
- Understand the brand strategies and consumer behaviour studies.
- Share knowledge and skills amongst team members in order to support the execution of activities and deliver business.
- Responsible to track the reach of TPs in the retail channels and keep the tracker updated.
Are you ready to start working on an array of different projects, supporting the wider Activation team? Is your can-do attitude one of your key features?
- Previous experience from the FMCG industry and/or Direct to Consumer brand activation
- Business acumen and analytical skills.
- We are looking for leaders of the future – creative self-starters, who can work effectively cross-functionally to deliver brand plans that will transform business performance through consumer engagement
- Desire to make your mark in a fast-paced high growth category with complex legal and regulatory principles
- Understanding of retail environment
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills.
- University degree in Marketing
At BAT we are committed to our Purpose of creating A Better Tomorrow. This is what drives our people and our passion for innovation. See what is possible for you at BAT.
- Global Top Employer with 53,000 BAT people across more than 180 markets
- Brands sold in over 200 markets, made in 44 factories in 42 countries
- Newly established Tech Hubs building world-class capabilities for innovation in 4 strategic locations
- Diversity leader in the Financial Times and International Women’s Day Best Practice winner
- Seal Award winner – one of 50 most sustainable companies
BELONGING, ACHIEVING, TOGETHER
Collaboration, diversity and teamwork underpin everything we do here at BAT. We know that collaborating with colleagues from different backgrounds is what makes us stronger and best prepared to meet our business goals. Come bring your difference!