Summer Vacation Scheme 2021
If you're looking to get a head start on your legal career, our summer vacation scheme gives you the opportunity to experience life and work at Browne Jacobson.
We offer up to 10 places on our vacation scheme, which takes place from 21 June to 2 July 2021 (2 weeks). You will be given the opportunity to undertake real work as well as learn more about the legal departments and the firm through interaction with our partners, lawyers and trainees. Placements will be across all of our 5 offices.
The vacation scheme provides candidates with the opportunity to undertake real work and learn more about our legal departments through interaction with partners, lawyers, trainees and our support teams. During the scheme, candidates will have their performance assessed for a training contract.
Am I eligible to apply?
Our summer vacation scheme is open to those able to start a training contract in 2023.
Throughout the selection and assessment process, we will be looking for a range of attributes which typically include:
- commitment, ambition and enthusiasm for law - we want to know that you are serious about your career in law
- practical approach - our clients want a common sense and commercial approach when solving their legal and business problems
- commercial awareness - are you aware of what is happening in the business world?
- willingness to accept responsibility – as a trainee, you’ll be managing your own time and handling your own cases so we need to know that you’re up for the job
- teamwork - we want you to be able to use your own initiative and have the ability to work in a team
- drive - we look for people who get things done.
The basics - what should I know about the summer vacation scheme?
- our summer vacation scheme will be held in late June for 2 weeks across all 5 offices.
- you will be provided with financial assistance (£250 per week) to help with travel or accommodation costs
- we are looking to offer up to 10 placements
- throughout the placement, you will be supported by a supervisor; you will also have plenty of opportunity to talk to our current trainees and partners
- your performance over the fortnight will be reviewed with you and feedback given.
What does the summer vacation scheme involve?
The placement will provide you with the following:
- enable you to spend time in a legal team working with both trainees and lawyers on a range of tasks
- understand how a law firm is structured and operates on a daily basis
- learn more about the sectors in which Browne Jacobson operates
- further develop your skills to include problem solving, legal knowledge and commercial awareness
- receive feedback on your performance and consideration for a training contract.