Infrastructure Engineer 2022
You’ll join a specialist BT security team that is a trusted partner to governments worldwide and our infrastructure teams are the foundation for this. We architect, design, implement, integrate, operate, and deliver all our IT infrastructure and networks to help us deliver on global projects that could change the future, whilst continuing to innovate and deliver the platforms that BT’s next generation services can be built upon.
You'll have the following responsibilities
- You’ll use agile ways of working when creating everything from proof of concepts through to national and international scale solutions, bringing the best of on-prem and cloud environments together.
- You’ll gain skills and knowledge in automation, continuous integration, infrastructure as code, virtualisation and containerisation, big data, networks, high speed processing systems and many more.
- You’ll be engaged across the business, working with software engineers, data scientists, cyber security professionals, researchers amongst others to make a difference and help BT and our customers to be more successful.
- You’ll be working with people are thought leaders, expert, knowledgeable, and creative professionals who deliver IT systems that differentiate BT
You'll have the following skills & experience
- A 2.2 degree or higher in a STEM subject
- Operating systems, their configuration and the use of automation and continuous integration
- Software scripting in Python, Bash or similar
- Physical infrastructure or cloud concepts, IP networking or network devices system engineering principles, such as agile delivery methodologies, requirements, design, documentation and testing
Because of the nature of the work we do for some of our customers, our roles will require security clearance. Don’t worry, a member of the Early Careers team will talk you through this.
This is one of our exciting new entry level graduate jobs, meaning you will learn how to do a specific role, rather than a rotation around the business. This role is available in the Global part of our business.