Graduate Air Quality Consultant 2021
An award-winning employer, our people are trusted and responsible, believing in what they do with a clear commitment to contribute to transforming the world we live in and shaping a world of trust. Bureau Veritas operates in a wide range of sectors, delivering Testing, Inspection and Certification services to some of the world’s biggest household names. With more than 400,000 global clients and a reputation for quality, we are at the forefront of service and innovation.
Our people are at the heart of everything we do, which is why we have worked hard to create a supportive and engaging working environment, which is open and inclusive and individuals are given the opportunity to fulfil their potential and really leave their mark.
Bureau Veritas are looking for a Graduate Air Quality Consultant to join our team of industry leading experts, providing high quality technical guidance and innovative solutions for a diverse client base.
The role will support the Air Quality team with servicing a broad portfolio of private and public sector clients on diverse and challenging projects. The role will equip the right individual with the demanding technical skills needed for atmospheric dispersion modelling of road traffic and industrial emissions; knowledge and understanding of the Local Air Quality Management and European legislative regimes and knowledge of monitoring strategies and methods, and insight into the needs of the environmental impact assessment regime for UK planning and development proposals.
Comprehensive training will be provided to enable you to enhance your skills, alongside a structured development programme from an award-winning employer.
- Assist in and draft technical consultancy documents
- Conduct research, collection and interpretation of technical data
- Keep abreast of current legislation, relevant national and international standards and guidelines and technical developments within the relevant field
- Support the delivery of projects on time and to budget; to manage personal resources and time
- Provide high quality technical consultancy to clients through support to senior Consulting Group members and directly where applicable
- To follow all financial procedures in the delivery of projects
- Support and undertake site visits to undertake relevant survey work
- Measurement, prediction and analysis of assessments
- Monitor individual utilisation versus targets and actively manage optimal utilisation
- Support team working
- Operate in line with Bureau Veritas Core Values and Code of Ethics
Candidate requirements include
- A degree (or equivalent) in a Science subject (relevant environmental focus is preferred)
- Previous environmental work experience would be an advantage
- Effective communication skills
- Ability to prioritise
- Customer focused and strong interpersonal skills
- Strong analytical and good report writing skills
- Proficiency in the use of standard IT applications (e.g. Word, Excel)
- Strives to improve performance and uses innovative methods to get there
- Full UK Driving license.
Only Bureau Veritas can offer
- Structured development programmes to help you fulfil your potential, including face to face and e-learning programmes;
- The opportunity to deliver excellence for high profile clients, including some of the world’s most recognised brands; and
- A long list of awards recognition including Top Employer seven years in a row and continued success in the RoSPA Occupational Health and Safety Awards.
- Comprehensive financial package including competitive salary and allowances, defined contribution pension, 25 days holiday plus Bank Holidays, various insurances including Private Health Insurance and other flexible benefits to suit individual requirements.