Junior Consultant 2021
Our people are at the heart of everything we do, which is why we have worked hard to create a supportive and engaging working environment, which is open and inclusive and individuals are given the opportunity to fulfil their potential and really leave their mark.
What we do
An award-winning employer, our people are trusted and responsible, believing in what they do with a clear commitment to contribute to transforming the world we live in and shaping a world of trust. Bureau Veritas operates in a wide range of sectors, delivering Testing, Inspection and Certification services to some of the world’s biggest household names. With more than 400,000 global clients and a reputation for quality, we are at the forefront of service and innovation.
What we're looking for
As a result of on-going success and a genuine desire to grow our business, we are looking for two Junior Consultants to join our indoor air and water quality team. The role of the Junior Consultant is to offer a combined visit approach to our clients in performing legionella risk assessments, asbestos re-inspections, fire risk reviews and other core services in one single visit.
Full training will be provided so if you are enthusiastic, self-motivated and capable of managing your own workload in a field-based environment then this could be a fantastic opportunity for you to embark on a career within a specialist industry.
- Risk assessments and audits of building water systems for the control of legionellosis including auditing of site records
- Carry out water hygiene monitoring, including the completion of site logbooks
- Conduct asbestos re-inspections, management surveys and basic refurbishment surveys
- Carry out fire risk assessments reviews
- Produce draft schematic drawings of building water systems for submission to the CAD team
- Prepare comprehensive reports including observations, recommendations and interpretation of laboratory analysis
- Arrange and carry out all work to meet with agreed Company & client timescales
- Liaise with project managers and account managers in relation to work under their control
- Deploy in line with Bureau Veritas Core Values and Code of Ethics
- Compliance with the Bureau Veritas UK Health & Safety policy and procedures
- Compliance with the Bureau Veritas UK Management System and divisional methods and procedures
- Working closely with the centralised planning team to ensure work is being effectively scheduled and carried out
- Contribute to responses to requests for client work and proposals
Preferred Skills and Experience
- Experienced in the organisation and planning of personal workload
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- A Levels or equivalent
- A flexible approach to working with a willingness to travel
- Full UK Driving License is essential
- H&S Experience (preferred)
- Structured development programmes to help you fulfil your potential, including face to face and e-learning programmes
- The opportunity to deliver excellence for high profile clients, including some of the world’s most recognised brands
- A long list of awards recognition including Top Employer nine years in a row and continued success in the RoSPA Occupational Health and Safety Awards
- Comprehensive financial package including competitive salary and allowances, defined contribution pension, 25 days holiday plus Bank Holidays, various insurances including Private Health Insurance and other flexible benefits to suit individual requirements
Please be aware that all roles within Bureau Veritas UK&I may require a DBS, Credit or Security Clearance Check.