Junior Health & Safety Advisor 2021
An award-winning employer, our people are trusted and responsible, believing in what they do with a clear commitment to contribute to transforming the world we live in and shaping a world of trust. Bureau Veritas operates in a wide range of sectors, delivering Testing, Inspection and Certification services to some of the world’s biggest household names. With more than 400,000 global clients and a reputation for quality, we are at the forefront of service and innovation.
Our people are at the heart of everything we do, which is why we have worked hard to create a supportive and engaging working environment, which is open and inclusive and individuals are given the opportunity to fulfil their potential and really leave their mark.
Junior Health & Safety Advisor
We are looking for a Junior Health & Safety Advisor to join our Manchester based embedded accounts team. Working embedded within a leading global financial firm, this role will provide H&S support to our client through managing the H&S helpdesk on a day to day basis for both their corporate office and retail portfolio.
We are looking for someone driven, customer centric and capable of identifying areas for improvement, challenging approaches, and proposing solutions.
In return you will have the opportunity for continuous professional development and involvement and engagement in a large multi-national H&S management system and risk framework.
Make an impact doing work you can be proud of at Bureau Veritas. Contribute to a global mission to enhance standards with integrity, and help us create a brighter future for our next generations, and a safer society for us all.
Duties will include
- Provide competent advice in relation to health and safety
- Support with the day to day management of the H&S helpdesk
- Ensure that a partner relationship exists between functions and the H&S Team
- Support with the review, amendment and implementation of local H&S procedures within region
- Undertake, and support with, H&S Accident/Incident investigations and escalate where required
- Ensure escalation of risk issues to functions and H&S Area Leads
- Take responsibility of individual projects and track through to completion
- Deliver H&S training
- Support the UK H&S Program Manager
- Support the UK Regional H&S Manager
- Provide H&S performance data
- Represent the H&S service across the business
- Level 4 Health & Safety Qualification, working towards a Level 6 Health & Safety Qualification
- Tech ISOH qualified
- Experience in a full time H&S role with exposure to health and safety management systems
- Understanding of OHSAS18001/ISO45001
- Accident and incident investigations and reports, including investigating incidents falling under RIDDOR
- Liaison with a broad range of stakeholders at all levels of an organisation, including senior level
- Customer and service delivery focused
- Ability to prioritise and manage own workload
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- Strong skills with the Microsoft Office Suite, including Excel and PowerPoint
Please be aware that all roles within Bureau Veritas UK&I may require a DBS, Credit or Security Clearance Check.
Bureau Veritas is an equal opportunity employer. No job applicant or employee shall receive less favourable treatment because of their gender, marital or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, colour, race, ethnic origin, religion, disability or age.
Bureau Veritas operates a strict Code of Ethics that ensures the proper conduct of our day-to-day business.