Graduate Consultant Water Nottingham 2024
We believe BWB is unique, our ethos guarantees you a truly rewarding experience as you embark on the next stage of your career whilst working in a fun and friendly work culture. We provide opportunities so you can collaborate at all levels helping you flourish and grow within your career. We’re passionate about supporting the next generation and harnessing the fresh perspectives they bring to our company.
BWB is a multi-award-winning engineering and environmental design consultancy with a proven reputation for technical excellence and exceptional client satisfaction.
Proud to be awarded ACE Best Large Consultancy of the year 2022 and rated Platinum Investors In People (IIP), a prestigious accolade that demonstrates our commitment to our people and establishes us as an employer of choice.
BWB is a signatory to the Pledge to Net Zero initiative and is committed to achieve net zero carbon by 2050. We are committed to playing our part in tackling climate change and we recognise the significant impact the design and consultancy solutions we provide can have on carbon emissions and the environment, and as such will provide meaningful solutions and a continued commitment to pioneer change.
The BWB Graduate Programme
Our Graduate Programme is the perfect place for you if you are an ambitious and passionate individual. Our programme will develop you to become a 'complete professional' and offer you a supportive induction programme, the opportunity to work alongside some of the most talented and respected engineers and consultants in the industry. You will receive independent mentoring, support through to Chartership and the opportunity to gain responsibility on a range of exciting projects.
Through our in-house PROpel scheme we will help you plan your career development and reach your full potential through a technical syllabus & skills development program.
About the job
You will be based in the Water team at either our Nottingham, Birmingham or Manchester offices, with the opportunity to become involved in a wide range of projects including Flood Risk Assessments, Hydraulic Modelling and Hydrology, Environmental Impact Assessments, Sustainable Drainage (SuDS) Design and large scale civil engineering projects.
The role predominantly entails the research and delivery of Flood Risk Assessments, hydrology, hydraulic flood modelling, and Sustainable Drainage (SuDS) schemes. BWB adopt a truly open, collaborative atmosphere where you will be encouraged to find solutions to issues arising on your own projects taking on board the advice, skills and expertise of others across our many disciplines and supported through our graduate training scheme.
As an integral member of the team, you will be responsible for delivering schemes of varying size, with support from a dedicated project manager, and the team around you. This includes devising appropriate solutions, producing drawings, authoring reports and interpreting calculations/software outputs.
The BWB Environment Group has the capability to provide the integrated ‘one stop shop’ service needed for major projects, as well as tailored or bespoke specialist services as appropriate. Our Environment Group provides advisory, investigative, design and validation services relating to all aspects of the environment.
The Water Service sits within the Environment Group which is made up of a range of qualified engineers and environmental consultants with specific experience in flood risk, drainage, and environmental planning/engineering disciplines. We have a presence across the country and are keen to encourage opportunities for training and career development tailored to individual personalities. The team is part of BWB’s Water Environment Service and is a diverse mix of engineers and geographers combining their skills together to provide a holistic approach in our work related to the water environment.
- A relevant degree or studying towards a relevant degree for the role you are applying for, i.e., a degree in Geography or similar
- Sound grasp of key hydraulic and hydrology principals and ideally some knowledge of relevant software packages, including GIS software, although training will be provided
- Keen to share your ideas about how we can do things better
- Great communication skills developed through well-rounded life experience - academically, socially and in any previous work situations
- Enthusiastic and ambitious to learn and progress
- A problem solver with strong communication skills
- Personal organisation skills, and the ability to work well within a team
- Right to Work and live in the UK.
What we offer
Empowering you to be your most authentic self
- Competitive Salary
- Pension – BWB matches 5% of your salary into your pension to help save for the future
- 25 days holiday with the option to purchase more
- Life Assurance 4 x salary
- Wellbeing support – qualified confidential support through Westfield Health
- Healthcare cash plan
- Driving your own experience
- Values driven culture
- Hybrid working
- Access to personalised fully funded Learning & Development opportunities
- Professional membership support
- Paid professional subscriptions
- Dedicated graduate networking opportunities
- Access to discounted rail travel
- Perkbox - Access to exclusive savings, discounts, free advice and benefits
- Cycle to Work
- Paid volunteering days
- Regular social events
- Long service reward scheme
Successful applicants will be invited to an Assessment Centre.
We welcome applications from all suitably qualified candidates, regardless of their race, gender, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, or age.
If you have a medical condition or an individual need for an adjustment to our process, and you believe this may affect your ability to be your best - please let us know so we can talk about how we can best support you and make any adjustments that may be needed.