Graduate / Recent Graduate Technology Strategy Analyst
At Cambridge Consultants we tackle challenging technology development projects for our clients. Transformative innovation brings strategic questions about the market opportunity, technology, competitive environment, operational fit, plus many more unknowns. Our MedTech strategy team helps to build the insights required to enable our clients to make informed strategic choices. This can be for specific medical device development projects where we integrate into development teams, or when our clients are facing complex product and technology decisions requiring strategies that span the collective knowledge of Cambridge Consultants.
You will be part of the Strategy Group in the Medical Technology Division and work in multidisciplinary teams to help our clients explore their market, product & technology opportunities. You’ll also be helping our internal business development teams formulate or refine their own strategy. You’ll be based in a small team of strategy focussed individuals but will rapidly reach out to partner with the wide range of talented, enthusiastic, and proactive consultants, engineers and scientists. Your primary goal will be to undertake research and analysis to generate insights for a range of diverse projects, some of which may align to your background, but others will ask you to stretch into new industries & technology fields. As you gain experience and establish a proven track record you can take on more responsibility, if you wish, and there is nothing to hold you back from taking bigger and bigger roles on project teams.
With the support and guidance of the Strategy Team, your responsibilities will include:
- Assist project managers & technical leaders by scoping and delivering high quality research and analysis work to drive market and technology insight into projects
- Design and undertake primary and secondary research programmes
- Interview commercial, technical and clinical key opinion leaders / subject matter experts
- Plan, prepare and help deliver workshops
- Perform market and technology analysis as well as explore the competitive landscape
- Translate market insights into inputs for product development projects
- Excellent degree in engineering, science, design, or a related discipline
- Excellent team working skills
- Highly effective written and verbal communication skills
- Analytical and structured approach with demonstrable ability to distil results and draw meaningful insights
- An appreciation of the commercial forces impacting on the medical technology landscape
- Experience gained in a research, commercial or consulting environment would be highly advantageous but is not essential
What you can expect from us
Cambridge Consultants creates exciting and novel breakthroughs in technology and products. We help our clients achieve the kind of game-changing leap forward that will transform their whole business.
At the heart of what we do are talented and motivated multi-disciplinary teams empowered to create cutting edge technologies and systems to solve difficult problems for our clients.
We recognise and celebrate individual talent and we understand the importance of letting individuals be just that. Our people are here to do the best work of their lives and our job is to provide the platform for them to do it. That means letting people pursue the projects that interest them and develop their career in whatever direction they choose.
We’re committed to promoting a diverse workplace. We believe that diversity can only flourish when everyone feels included and has a sense of belonging.
We value all people regardless of gender (or gender reassignment), age, disability, race, ethnic origin, parental status, language, religion, marital status or sexual orientation.
- Competitive salary, based on merit and reviewed annually
- Company profit share scheme in addition to basic salary
- Pension scheme
- Life, disability and travel insurance, plus private healthcare
- Free canteen - breakfast, lunch and refreshments
- 25 days annual holiday plus public holidays, with flexibility to carry over / borrow
- Relocation assistance if applicable
- Excellent career development and training opportunities
- Flexible working hours
- Social committee
- Discounted train season tickets, through Travel Plan Plus
- Free shuttle service to/from Cambridge North train station, through Cambridge Science Park