Graduate Technology Strategy Consultant
Do you have an interest in the commercial drivers that make technology succeed or fail? Are you interested in emerging technologies and trends, and fascinated by the potential impact of technology in the future? Do you have a curious mindset and the drive to want to explore and deep dive into analytical projects? If you want to deliver insight for key business questions, then this could be the perfect role for you!
Cambridge Consultants has a reputation as a leading technology developer and consultancy, so if you would enjoy working in an environment with talented consultants, scientists and engineers, which is technically challenging, diverse and fun please read on.
You will be joining the Strategy, Innovation and Process Group, a pivotal part of our company that provides clients with strategic advice at the interface between technology and the commercial challenges of business. We part of the Industrial, Consumer and Energy division which delivers projects across agritech, automotive, smart infrastructure and construction, energy management and utilities, defence and security and consumer. Our clients vary from start-ups to multinationals, but all have an ambition to use cutting edge technology to disrupt their markets and we help them succeed.. Our work includes developing go-to-market strategies, investment support, competitor analysis, market analysis and technology road-mapping. Your main task will be to identify, abstract and analyse information to produce market/technology insights in support of technology consultancy project work.
Working in teams of engineers and consultants, you will contribute to projects delivering technology strategy advice to clients across a broad range of sectors. This will include:
- Gathering of information through primary and secondary research
- Analysis of information, data and trends to develop strategic insight for clients
- Generation and modelling of project-specific data for business case development, financial modelling and market sizing
- Supporting the development of business propositions, market insight and other collateral
- Development or reports and presentation of findings to internal teams and clients.
- An excellent degree in a business, engineering or scientific discipline
- Passion for technology and innovation
- Excellent team working skills
- A well-organised and structured approach/mindset
- A desire to solve problems
- Excellent oral and written communication
- Be a proficient multi-tasker
The following would be advantageous but are not essential:
- Demonstrable ability to distil results and draw meaningful conclusions from data
- Any relevant experience gained through an internship in a similar role would be advantageous
- Competitive salary, based on merit and reviewed annually
- Company profit share scheme in addition to basic salary
- Pension scheme
- Life, disability and travel insurance, plus private healthcare
- Free canteen - breakfast, lunch and refreshments
- 25 days annual holiday plus public holidays, with flexibility to carry over / borrow
- Relocation assistance if applicable
- Excellent career development and training opportunities
- Flexible working hours
- Social committee
- Discounted train season tickets, through Travel Plan Plus
- Free shuttle service to/from Cambridge North train station, through Cambridge Science Park