Hardware Test Engineering Industrial Placement 2021
Do you always wonder why something works the way it does, and what would happen if you didn’t follow the expected path? If you have an interest in RF measurements and developing technologies; then an internship in hardware test could provide a creative outlet for your curiosity. This internship is suitable for someone looking for an industrial placement as part of their degree.
We are looking for an Intern Hardware Test Engineer to help create test solutions for complex electrical and electronic devices. Working closely with others in the test group and the development team you will design and create tests to thoroughly test the products being developed. The sort of products being developed are often at the electronics/software boundary and/or in a constrained environment (e.g. ever increasing radio frequencies, low power).
Cambridge Consultants is a world leader in wireless communications, with one of the largest independent wireless development teams in the world. The markets that we address include telecommunications, healthcare, industrial, satellite, consumer and automotive.
The Test Group in the Wireless Division works closely with other disciplines to test cutting-edge software, hardware and systems. Team sizes tend to be small and are made up of highly skilled engineers.
The group carries out test planning, design and testing of all products coming into the Wireless Division.
As you develop, with specific training and support, you will become responsible for:
- The scoping and design of test activities, usually on more than one project at once.
- Test procedure/system generation, to provide accurate and repeatable results and assisting in the maintenance of these test procedures and systems.
- Carrying out your specific project tasks within the timescales and budgets agreed with the project manager.
- As your experience develops, you might wish to take on further responsibilities.
- Be on track for a 2:1 or 1st class degree in a relevant subject, such as engineering, physics or computer science, and be on a course which allows you to take an industrial placement year
- Understanding of wireless communications systems
- Possess excellent communication and team-working skills
- Have a keen interest in current technology
Interns gain invaluable hands-on experience by working alongside our staff on real projects. It’s also a chance to show us what you can do – internships can sometimes lead to the offer of a full-time job once you’ve completed your studies, therefore we invite applications from people who may be interested in applying for a full time job with us after their degree.
Some of our excellent benefits include a good salary (pro-rata), free canteen - lunches and refreshments, flexible working hours, and access to the social committee.