Junior/Graduate Business Analyst 2021
Do you have an interest in the commercial drivers that make technology succeed or fail? Are you interested in emerging technologies and trends, and fascinated by the potential impact of technology in the future? Do you have a curious mindset and the drive to want to explore and deep dive into analytical projects? If you want to deliver insight for key business questions, then this could be the perfect role for you!
The Strategy, Innovation and Process Group are looking for a Business Analyst to join their growing business consulting function. We help a wide variety of companies and organisations in the Industrial, Energy, Security, and Consumer sectors use technical and commercial insight for strategic advantage. Our work includes developing go-to-market strategies, investment support, competitor analysis, market analysis and technology road-mapping
Cambridge Consultants has a reputation as a leading technology developer and consultancy, so if you would enjoy working in an environment with talented consultants, scientists and engineers, which is technically challenging, diverse and fun please read on.
Main purpose of the job
To identify, abstract and analyse information to produce market/technology insights in support of management consultancy project work, for client organisations in the Industrial, Energy, Security, and Consumer sectors.
Working in teams of engineers and consultants, you will contribute to projects delivering technology strategy advice to clients across a broad range of sectors. This will include:
- Gathering of information through primary and secondary research
- Analysis of information, data and trends to develop strategic insight for clients
- Supporting the development of propositions, market insight and other collateral
- Development or reports and presentation of findings to internal teams and clients.
- An excellent degree in a business, engineering or scientific discipline
- Passion for technology and innovation
- Excellent team working skills
- A well-organised and structured approach/mindset
- A desire to solve problems
- Excellent oral and written communication
- Be a proficient multi-tasker
- Demonstrable ability to distil results and draw meaningful conclusions from data
- Any relevant experience gained through an internship in a similar role would be advantageous
- Competitive salary, based on merit and reviewed annually
- Company profit share scheme in addition to basic salary
- Pension scheme
- Life, disability and travel insurance, plus private healthcare
- Free canteen - breakfast, lunch and refreshments
- 25 days annual holiday plus public holidays, with flexibility to carry over / borrow
- Relocation assistance if applicable
- Excellent career development and training opportunities
- Flexible working hours
- Social committee
- Discounted train season tickets, through Travel Plan Plus
- Free shuttle service to/from Cambridge North train station, through Cambridge Science Park
Cambridge Consultants is committed to developing its employees' careers and has a flexible policy for individual capabilities and preferences. Promotion is linked to merit.