Medical Technology Electronics Engineering Industrial Placement 2021
We are looking for an enthusiastic engineering student to join our team within the Medical Technology Division. By joining the medical electronics group, you will have the opportunity to work on innovative products and learn not only about electronics design but also the challenges faced in medical device development. For over 60 years, Cambridge Consultants has worked at the cutting edge in developing products for our clients that are often pushing the boundaries of physics and leading the way for future technologies. Here at Cambridge consultants we work on a wide range of projects, the medical team is no exception with projects spanning the full range of the electronics engineering industry.
Cambridge consultants’ interns are extremely important to our business, we pride ourselves on the quality of our mentoring, training and support. We believe in guiding aspiring interns, enabling them to grow and develop into the world class engineers of tomorrow.
This is a 12 month internship intended for students taking an industrial placement as part of their degree.
Successful applicants will join the multi-disciplinary medical development team, jumping into technical challenges while learning from and supporting senior engineers across the division. Opportunities you will have include:
- Design and implement your own printed circuit boards
- Develop of complex test rigs
- Contribute to innovation in workshops and technical reviews
- Analyse experimental data and develop conclusions influencing key decisions
- Design and implement PC and microcontroller-based applications
- Be part of your own technical project in an area you are passionate about
- Learn soldering techniques for modern sized components
- Gain experience with printed circuit board design, including the use of ECAD packages such as Altium, KiCAD or Design Spark
- Gain programming experience in C and python
- Understanding of RF and antenna design fundamentals
- Acquire/Enhance experience in electromagnetic modelling using tools such as CST/HFSS
- Acquire experience performing measurements in anechoic chamber
- Responsible for various electronics design tasks on multi-disciplinary projects, working within a team of engineers.
- Writing of technical documentations, for example technical analyses, test plans and reports, or description of the design and its operation.
- Support of engineering verification and integration testing by developing suitable experimental setups and control of laboratory test equipment.
- Presentation of technical work to other team members as well as non-technical audiences.
- Managing your time between different project commitments according to deadlines and agreed priorities.
- Studying for a relevant engineering degree
- Hands-on experience with electronics lab equipment and soldering tools
- Solid understanding of electronics fundamentals
- Good communication skills
- Competitive salary, based on merit and reviewed annually
- Company profit share scheme in addition to basic salary
- Pension scheme
- Life, disability and travel insurance, plus private healthcare
- Free canteen - breakfast, lunch and refreshments
- 25 days annual holiday plus public holidays, with flexibility to carry over / borrow
- Relocation assistance if applicable
- Excellent career development and training opportunities
- Flexible working hours
- Social committee
- Discounted train season tickets, through Travel Plan Plus
- Free shuttle service to/from Cambridge North train station, through Cambridge Science Park
Cambridge Consultants is committed to developing its employees' careers and has a flexible policy for individual capabilities and preferences. Promotion is linked to merit.