Graduate Manufacturing Engineer 2021
We are an employee owned company with our staff at the centre of our strategy. Employee ownership allows us to maintain full control over the direction of our business and our creative culture.
We hire people with a genuine enthusiasm and curiosity for engineering and science so if you’re the type of person who fills their spare time designing and making things, then we’d love to know.
We are looking for Graduate Manufacturing Engineers to join our team after graduating in 2021. The role is exciting and challenging, you will work alongside technical experts who have a passion for what they do and be given real responsibility from day one.
You will be responsible for performing design for manufacture, transfer to manufacture and operations management activities on behalf of our clients in the consumer, healthcare, industrial and energy sectors. You will be involved in all aspects of product development - from concept and analysis, to prototype design and manufacture.
You will join a collaborative working environment where you will have the support of an experienced team and you can expect to develop your technical skills and gain an understanding of real world science and technology. You'll join our Graduate Development Programme and benefit from the support of an allocated mentor, a mix of training which will focus on consultancy and soft skill development, on the job learning to help you grow technically, and the support to achieve chartership.
This role will be based in our Cambridge office and there may also be an opportunity for international travel to a variety of client sites. If you are looking for a varied career, in a fast paced environment where we offer our clients a truly holistic approach, then we would love to hear from you.
- 1st or 2:1 degree in Manufacturing Engineering from a leading university. Alternatively, a degree in Mechanical Engineering with a post graduate qualification in Manufacturing.
- Eager with a can-do attitude.
- Track record of leading and working on projects from concept through to production, taking responsibility for quality, time and profit.
- Good presentation skills and client management skills.
- Commercial awareness in at least one of the following environments: technical/design/manufacturing process consultancy; new product development; new product introduction; manufacturing process development.
- Current hands-on experience in areas such as: concept generation; system level design; engineering analysis and detail design; 3D CAD; prototyping and lab testing; design for high and low volume manufacture; design for high reliability; transfer to manufacture; manufacturing process development; world class manufacturing principles
- A drive to rapidly absorb and develop further technical, project leadership and sales skills.
What you can expect from us
In return for your hard work and insightful ideas, you receive a competitive salary, discretionary bonus, 12% non-contributory pension, private healthcare and 25 days holiday
Welcome Bonus Offer
During this exciting time of substantial growth, we are looking for a number of specialists, ranging from mechanical engineers to human factors specialists. To tempt you, during November and December 2020, we are offering a welcome bonus of up to £5,000. So if you’ve been thinking about a new opportunity for the new year, now is the time to apply.