Graduate Software Engineer 2021
We are an employee owned company with our staff at the centre of our strategy. Employee ownership allows us to maintain full control over the direction of our business and our creative culture.
We hire people with a genuine enthusiasm and curiosity for engineering and science so if you’re the type of person who fills their spare time designing and making things, then we’d love to know.
Are you a software engineer graduating in 2021 from a leading University with a Software or Computer Science degree, and striving to begin your working career within the fast-paced world of technology and product development consultancy?
As part of our multidisciplinary teams working on major development projects, you will be responsible for designing and implementing software for a range of product applications for our clients globally within the medical, consumer and energy sectors. With our continuous support and training, we will help you to become an expert in your field. With a positive, outgoing and professional attitude you'll be working directly with colleagues and clients see your unique ideas launched onto the market.
Our Engineers enjoy working here because:
- Cooperation with brilliant engineers in different disciplines
- Creating physical products
- Working with products that push technology boundaries
- Creative problem solving, not just coding
- Every project is a new challenge that encourages you to learn new skills
- Best tools for the job approach
- Helpful, extremely talented and passionate software team
- We have purpose and make a big impact on projects
- Flexible working and generous benefits package
With an entrepreneurial flair, you will push the boundaries of what can be achieved in the world of technology. Methodical and able to develop systems and structures, you will have the ability to demonstrate evidence of understanding the value of work undertaken and strive for big achievements.
- 1st or 2:1 degree in Software or Computer Science
- Experience of procedural and object orientated languages essential
- Knowledge of software best practices
- Knowledge of algorithm design
- Appreciation of test methodologies
- Understanding of the performance impact of using different features of software languages
- Able to work as part of a small team on short and demanding projects with strict attention to detail
- Experience of microcontrollers desirable
- Knowledge of basic electronics desirable
- Be self-motivated and accustomed to getting on with tasks with a thirst for new technologies and using the best tools for the job
What you can expect from us
In return for your hard work and insightful ideas, you receive a competitive salary, discretionary bonus, 12% non-contributory pension, private healthcare and 25 days holiday.
Welcome Bonus Offer
During this exciting time of substantial growth, we are looking for a number of specialists, ranging from mechanical engineers to human factors specialists. To tempt you, during November and December 2020, we are offering a welcome bonus of up to £5,000. So if you’ve been thinking about a new opportunity for the new year, now is the time to apply.