Industrial Placement 2021
During your one Year in Industry placement you can expect to develop your technical skills and gain an understanding of new fields of science and technology. You will benefit from the support of an allocated mentor and you will be part of a collaborative team developing a range of products in the consumer, healthcare and energy sectors.
You will likely be involved in all aspects of product development - from concept, to analysis, to prototype design and transfer to manufacture. This is an opportunity for you to gain an insight into what it is like working in a technical consultancy and vital commercial experience towards your future career.
- Must be applying for a Mechanical related or General Engineering degree and looking for a one year placement
- Grade As in related ‘A’ Levels or equivalent preferred, with a minimum of Grade A in Maths
- Conscientious and diligent when set a task
- Able to work collaboratively to short timescales whilst maintaining an excellent attention to detail
- Self-motivating and confident to work without close supervision
- A drive to learn and explore new areas
- Ability to demonstrate a hobby or interest with a practical or technical relevance would be an advantage
We are an employee owned company with our staff at the centre of our strategy. Employee ownership allows us to maintain full control over the direction of our business and our creative culture.
We hire people with a genuine enthusiasm and curiosity for engineering and science so if you’re the type of person who fills their spare time designing and making things, then we’d love to know.
In return for your hard work and insightful ideas, you receive;
- Competitive salary
- Discretionary bonus
- 12% non-contributory pension
- Private healthcare
- 25 days holiday
- Social activities